60-Day notice of information collection under review: Semi-Annual Progress Report for the Grants to State Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Coalitions Program.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) Office on Violence Against Women has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until October 27, 2003. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Cynthia J. Schwimer, Comptroller (202) 307-0623, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 Seventh Street, NW., Washington, DC 20531.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Semi-annual Progress Report for Grants to State Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Coalitions Program.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: None. U.S. Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: The affected public includes the 88 grantees from the Grants to State Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Coalitions Program. The Grants to State Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Coalitions Program is intended to provide federal financial assistance to state coalitions to support the coordination of state victim services activities, and collaboration and coordination with federal, state, and local entities engaged in violence against women activities.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that it will take the 88 respondents (grantees from the Grants to State Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Coalitions Program) approximately one hour to complete a semi-annual progress report. The Semi-annual Progress Report is divided into sections that pertain to the different types of activities that grantees may engage in with grant funds. Grantees must complete only those sections that are relevant to their activities.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated total annual hour burden to complete the Semi-annual Progress Report is 176 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Department Deputy Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: August 22, 2003.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-22011 Filed 8-27-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-M