Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission (new, revision, or extension): Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 398, “Personal Qualification Statement—Licensee”.
3. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 398.
4. How often the collection is required: On occasion and every 6 years (at renewal).
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Individuals requiring a license to operate the controls at a nuclear reactor.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 1,155 (one per respondent).
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1,155.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1,465 or approximately 1.3 hours per response (1,465 hours ÷ 1,155 applications (new, re-applications, renewals and waivers) = 1.3 hours per response).
9. An indication of whether section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: N/A.
10. Abstract: NRC Form 398 requests detailed information that should be submitted by a license applicant and facility licensee when applying for a new or renewal license to operate the controls at a nuclear reactor facility. This information, once collected, would be used for licensing actions and for generating reports on the Operator Licensing Program.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC World Wide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC Home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by October 6, 2003. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. OMB Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0021), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, (301) 415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 27th day of August, 2003.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 03-22511 Filed 9-3-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P