30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Flexible Deployment Assistance Guide.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 68, Number 147, on page 44969 on July 31, 2003, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until November 17, 2003. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to The Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other Start Printed Page 59639technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of information collection: Reinstatement, without change, of a previously approved collection for which approval has expired.
(2) Title of the form/collection: Flexible Deployment Assistance Guide.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: None. Federal Bureau of Investigation, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. The Flexible Deployment Assistance Guide has been developed to assist the telecommunications industry in meeting its obligations under the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act 47 U.S.C. 1001-1010 (1994).
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: The average time burden of the approximately 5,000 respondents to provide the information requested is approximately four hours and fifteen minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total annual hour burden to provide the information requested by the Flexible Deployment Assistance Guide is approximately 21,250 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: October 10, 2003.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 03-26263 Filed 10-15-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P