Notice of Issuance of an Export Trade Certificate of Review, Application No. 03-00004.
The Department of Commerce has issued an Export Trade Certificate of Review to NYVZ Import & Export, Inc. (“NYVZ”). This notice summarizes the conduct for which certification has been granted.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jeffrey C. Anspacher, Director, Office of Export Trading Company Affairs, International Trade Administration, by telephone at (202) 482-5131 (this is not a toll-free number), or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Title III of the Export Trading Company Act of 1982 (15 U.S.C. 4001-21) authorizes the Secretary of Commerce to issue Export Trade Certificates of Review. The regulations implementing title III are found at 15 CFR part 325 (2003).
The Office of Export Trading Company Affairs (“OETCA”) is issuing this notice pursuant to 15 CFR 325.6(b), which requires the Department of Commerce to publish a summary of the Certificate in the Federal Register. Under section 305 (a) of the Act and 15 CFR 325.11 (a), any person aggrieved by the Secretary's determination may, within 30 days of the date of this notice, bring an action in any appropriate district court of the United States to set aside the determination on the ground that the determination is erroneous.
Description of Certified Conduct
3. Technology Rights
Technology Rights, including, but not limited to: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets that relate to Products and Services.
4. Export Trade Facilitation Services (as They Relate to the Export of Products, Services, and Technology Rights)
Export Trade Facilitation Services, including, but not limited to, professional services and assistance relating to government relations; State and Federal export programs; foreign trade and business protocol; consulting; market research and analysis; collection of information on trade opportunities; marketing; negotiations; joint ventures; shipping and export management; export licensing; advertising; documentation and services related to compliance with customs requirements; insurance and financing; trade show exhibitions; organizational development; management and labor strategies; transfer of technology; transportation services and the formation of shippers' associations.
The Export Markets include all parts of the world except the United States (the fifty States of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands).
Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation
1. Provide and/or arrange for the provision of Export Trade Facilitation Services;
2. Engage in promotional and marketing activities and collect information on trade opportunities in the Export Markets and distribute such information to clients;
3. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive licensing and/or sales agreements with Suppliers for the export of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights in Export Markets;
4. Enter into exclusive and/or non-exclusive agreements with distributors and/or sales representatives in Export Markets;
5. Allocate export sales or divide Export Markets among Suppliers for the sale and/or licensing of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights;
6. Allocate export orders among Suppliers;
7. Establish the price of Products, Services, and/or Technology Rights for sales and/or licensing in Export Markets;
8. Negotiate, enter into, and/or manage licensing agreements for the export of Technology Rights;
9. Enter into contracts for shipping; and
10. Exchange information on a one-on-one basis with individual Suppliers regarding inventories and near-term production schedules for the purpose of determining the availability of Products for export and coordinating export with distributors.
Terms and Conditions of Certificate
1. In engaging in Export Trade Activities and Methods of Operation, NYVZ will not intentionally disclose, directly or indirectly, to any Supplier any information about any other Supplier's costs, production, capacity, inventories, domestic prices, domestic sales, or U.S. business plans, strategies, or methods that are not already generally available to the trade or public.
2. NYVZ will comply with requests made by the Secretary of Commerce on Start Printed Page 65251behalf of the Secretary of Commerce or the Attorney General for information or documents relevant to conduct under the Certificate. The Secretary of Commerce will request such information or documents when either the Attorney General or the Secretary of Commerce believes that the information or documents are required to determine that the Export Trade, Export Trade Activities, and Methods of Operation of a person protected by this Certificate of Review continue to comply with the standards of section 303(a) of the Act.
1. “Supplier” means a person who produces, provides, or sells Products, Services and/or Technology Rights.
Protection Provided by the Certificate
This Certificate protects NYVZ and its employees acting on its behalf from private treble damage actions and government criminal and civil suits under U.S. Federal and State antitrust laws for the export conduct specified in the Certificate and carried out during its effective period in compliance with its terms and conditions.
Effective Period of Certificate
This Certificate continues in effect from the effective date indicated below until it is relinquished, modified, or revoked as provided in the Act and the Regulations.
Nothing in this Certificate prohibits NYVZ from engaging in conduct not specified in this Certificate, but such conduct is subject to the normal application of the antitrust laws.
The issuance of this Certificate of Review to NYVZ by the Secretary of Commerce with the concurrence of the Attorney General under the provisions of the Act does not constitute, explicitly or implicitly, an endorsement or opinion by the Secretary or by the Attorney General concerning either (a) the viability or quality of the business plans of NYVZ or (b) the legality of such business plans of NYVZ under the laws of the United States (other than as provided in the Act) or under the laws of any foreign country. The application of this Certificate to conduct in export trade where the United States Government is the buyer or where the United States Government bears more than half the cost of the transaction is subject to the limitations set forth in Section V. (D.) of the “Guidelines for the Issuance of Export Trade Certificate of Review (Second Edition),” 50 FR 1786 (January 11, 1985).
A copy of this certificate will be kept in the International Trade Administration's Freedom of Information Records Inspection Facility Room 4102, U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th Street and Constitution Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20230.
Effective Date: November 10, 2003.Start Signature
Dated: November 14, 2003.
Jeffrey C. Anspacher,
Director, Office of Export Trading Company Affairs.
[FR Doc. 03-28988 Filed 11-18-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-DR-P