Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: General Licensee Registration.
3. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 664.
4. How often the collection is required: Annually.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: General Licensees of the NRC who possess devices subject to registration under 10 CFR 31.5.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 3,000.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 3,000.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1,000 hours annually (3,000 respondents x 20 minutes per form).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: Not Applicable.
10. Abstract: NRC Form 664 is used by NRC general licensees to make reports regarding certain generally licensed devices subject to registration. The registration program allows NRC to better track general licensees, so that they can be contacted or inspected as necessary, and to make sure that generally licensed devices can be identified even if lost or damaged, and to further ensure that general licensees are aware of and understand the requirements for the possession of devices containing byproduct material. Greater awareness helps to ensure that general licensees will comply with the requirements for proper handling and disposal of generally licensed devices Start Printed Page 67489and would reduce the potential for incidents that could result in unnecessary radiation exposure to the public and contamination of property.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by January 2, 2004. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
OMB Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0198), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget,Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 21st day of November, 2003.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Beth C. St. Mary,
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 03-29903 Filed 12-1-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P