Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The Exposure Modeling Work Group (EMWG) will hold a 1-day meeting on January 6, 2004. This notice announces the location and time for the meeting and sets forth the tentative agenda topics.
The meeting will be held on January 6, 2004, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The meeting will be held at the Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP), Environmental Protection Agency, Crystal Mall #2, Room 1126 (Fishbowl), 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA 22202.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
James C. Lin, Environmental Fate and Effects Division (7507C), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (703) 308-9591; fax number: (703) 305-6309; e-mail address: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:Start Printed Page 70248
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action is directed to the public in general, and may be of particular interest to those persons who are or may be required to conduct testing of chemical substances under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Federal, Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), or the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). Since other entities may also be interested, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Copies of this Document and Other Related Information?
1. Docket. EPA has established an official public docket for this action under docket identification (ID) number OPP-2003-0334. The official public docket consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received, and other information related to this action. Although a part of the official docket, the public docket does not include Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. The official public docket is the collection of materials that is available for public viewing at the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1921 Jefferson Davis Hwy., Arlington, VA. This docket facility is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The docket telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
2. Electronic access. You may access this Federal Register document electronically through the EPA Internet under the “Federal Register” listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
An electronic version of the public docket is available through EPA's electronic public docket and comment system, EPA Dockets. You may use EPA Dockets at http://www.epa.gov/edocket/ to view public comments, access the index listing of the contents of the official public docket, and to access those documents in the public docket that are available electronically. Although not all docket materials may be available electronically, you may still access any of the publicly available docket materials through the docket facility identified in Unit I.B.1. Once in the system, select “search,” then key in the appropriate docket ID number.
On a quarterly interval, the EMWG meets to discuss current issues in modeling pesticide fate, transport, and exposure to pesticides in support of risk assessment in a regulatory context.
III. How Can I Request to Participate in this Meeting?
You may submit a request to participate in this meeting to the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
IV. Tentative Agenda
This section provides tentative agenda topics for the 1-day meeting:
1. Welcome and introductions.
2. Old action items.
3. Brief updates.
- EPA's Pesticide Root Zone/Exposure Analysis Modeling System (PRZM/EXAMS) model.
- Perspective groundwater (PGW) guidance.
- PE4 (Environmental Fate Effects Division (EFED)'s Shell).
- Groundwater model.
- Regional plate count agar (PCA).
- Drinking water treatment workshop.
- Proposal of soil dissipation meeting at the American Chemical Society (ACS) (spring 2004).
- EFED water quality projects.
4. Major topics.
- Use of foliar dissipation study for exposure purpose.
- Update on FOCUS kinetics group.
- Use of Geographical Information System (GIS) for design of water monitoring study.
- A degree-day concept for estimating degradation time under field conditions.
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
Dated: December 10, 2003.
Director, Environmental Fate and Effects Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 03-31007 Filed 12-16-03; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S