60-day notice of information collection under review: Department of Justice procurement blanket clearance.
The Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until March 9, 2004.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to Larry Silvis (phone number and address listed below). If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Larry Silvis, (202) 616-3754, Management and Planning Staff, Room 1400, National Place Building, 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Overview of this Information Collection:
(1) Type of information collection: Extension of Currently Approved Collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Department of Justice Procurement Blanket Clearance.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Procurement Solicitation Documents, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract. Primary: Commercial organizations and individuals who voluntarily submit offers and bids to compete for contract awards to provide Start Printed Page 1604supplies and services required by the Government. All work statements and pricing data are required to evaluate the contractors bid or proposal.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time for an average respondent to respond: 5,996 respondents, 20 hours average response time.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with this collection: There are 119,920 estimated annual burden hours associated with this information collection.
If additional information is required contact: Ms. Brenda Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1600, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: December 31, 2003.
Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 04-419 Filed 1-8-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-26-P