Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a preclearance consultation program to provide the general public and Federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed. This form is available in alternate formats. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY/TDD) may call (202) 606-5256 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Currently, the Corporation is soliciting comments concerning the revision of its AmeriCorps Alumni Profile Cards (OMB Control Number 3045-0048 Part A, Part B, and Part C with an expiration date of 03/31/2004). Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed below in the ADDRESSES section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the office listed in the ADDRESSES section by March 29, 2004.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, Attn: Mr. Brian Harvey, AmeriCorps Recruitment, Selection and Placement Office, Room 8705-A, 1201 New York Avenue, NW., Washington, DC., 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the Corporation's mailroom, Room 6010, at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 565-2794, Attn: Mr. Brian Harvey, AmeriCorps Recruitment, Selection and Placement Office.
(4) Electronically through the Corporation's e-mail address system: firstname.lastname@example.org.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Brian Harvey, (202) 606-5000, ext. 492, or e-mail to email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Corporation is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
The Corporation proposes to send out AmeriCorps Alumni Profile Cards to former AmeriCorps and VISTA members' home addresses requesting that they complete the card and return it to the AmeriCorps Recruitment Office. The card will be used by Corporation personnel and other organizations (only with the explicit written permission of the respondent). The purpose of the card is to enhance communications between the Corporation and former AmeriCorps members to provide them with information on Corporation activities, and to seek their assistance in volunteer recruitment activities.
The Corporation proposes to revise the AmeriCorps Alumni Profile Card by changing the name to more accurately describe the information collection and to include the members who served in all AmeriCorps programs. In addition, the Corporation will deleting unused Start Printed Page 3898information from the existing version of the card, such as removing questions pertaining to meeting facilities and housing and collecting the following data from the former member:
- The exact dates of service from the person filling out the AmeriCorps*VISTA Alumni Locator Card.
- Detailed information about the person's current interests, occupation and expertise.
- Collecting the person's cell phone number for those who prefer to be contacted in that manner.
The Corporation also plans to gather additional information about the former member's current education level. This will help the Corporation to more accurately gear communication to former members who may be interested in furthering their education or who may benefit from a particular new initiative.
The Corporation will continue to seek consent to release contact information, including a former member's name, address (including e-mail), and telephone number to the following groups:
1. Alumni Organizations.
2. Educational organizations that can accept the AmeriCorps education award.
3. Service organizations.
Further, the Corporation proposes to revise the AmeriCorps Alumni Locator Card by asking former members to identify his or her involvement with the Corporation or community.
Type of Review: Revision of a currently approved collection.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: AmeriCorps Alumni Profile Card. (Previously named the AmeriCorps*VISTA Locator Card.)
OMB Number: 3045-0048.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Individuals and households.
Total Respondents: 12,000.
Average Time Per Response: 4 minutes.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 800 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Dated: January 21, 2004.
Director, AmeriCorps Recruitment, Selection and Placement.
[FR Doc. 04-1632 Filed 1-26-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P