Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Department of the Interior.
Notice of public meeting.
In accordance with the Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA) and the Federal Advisory Committee Act of 1972 (FACA), the U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Lower Snake River District Resource Advisory Council (RAC), will meet as indicated below.
The meeting will be held January 28, 2004, beginning 9 a.m. at the Bureau of Land Management, Lower Snake River District Office Sage Brush Conference Room, located at 3948 Development Ave, Boise, Idaho 83705. Public comment periods will be held after topics on the agenda. The meeting will adjourn at 4:30 p.m.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
MJ Byrne, Public Affairs Officer and RAC Coordinator, Lower Snake River District, 3948 Development Ave., Boise, ID 83705, Telephone (208) 384-3393.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The 15-member Council advises the Secretary of the Interior, through the Bureau of Land Management, on a variety of planning and management issues associated with public land management in southwestern Idaho. At this meeting, the following actions will occur/topics will be discussed:
- Election of Officers;
- Review and finalize 2004 Annual Work Plan;
- Update on status of the Owyhee Initiative;
- Status of BLM-Idaho's Organizational Refinement;
- Briefing and discussion of the BLM proposed changes to grazing regulations;
- Status on the review of Idaho-BLM Rangeland Standards and Guidelines, status of the report, and implemented of recommendations;
- Status of BLM Idaho's OHV Strategic Plan, timeline and actions anticipated in implementation;
- Update on status of District's Fire Management Plan;
- Subcommittee Reports;
- Grouse Habitat Management, Off-Highway Vehicles (OHV) and Transportation Management, River Recreation and Resource Management Plans, and Fire and Fuels Management;
- Three Field Office Managers and Acting District Fire Manager provide updates on current issues and planned activities in their field office and the District.
Agenda items may change due to changing circumstances. All meetings are open to the public. The public may present written comments to the Council. Each formal Council meeting will also have time allocated for hearing public comments. Depending on the number of persons wishing to comment and time available, the time for individual oral comments may be limited. Individuals who plan to attend and need special assistance, such as sign language interpretation, tour transportation or other reasonable accommodations, should contact the BLM as provided below. Expedited publication is requested to give the public adequate notice.Start Signature
Dated: January 28, 2004.
Associate District Manager.
[FR Doc. 04-2250 Filed 2-2-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-GG-P