This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Coast Guard, DHS.
Notice of meeting.
The Chemical Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC) and its Hazardous Cargo Transportation Security Subcommittee will meet to discuss various issues relating to the marine transportation of hazardous materials in bulk. These meetings will be open to the public.
CTAC will meet on Thursday, March 4, 2004, from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The Subcommittee on Hazardous Cargo Transportation Security will meet on Tuesday, March 2, 2004, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Wednesday, March 3, 2004, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. These meetings may close early if all business is finished. Written material and requests to make oral presentations should reach the Coast Guard on or before February 27, 2004. Requests to have a copy of your material distributed to each member of the Committee should reach the Coast Guard on or before February 27, 2004.
Both CTAC and the Subcommittee on Hazardous Cargo Transportation Security will meet at the Coast Guard Headquarters Building, 2100 2nd Street SW., Washington DC, 20593, in room 2415. Send written material and requests to make oral presentations to Commander Robert J. Hennessy, Executive Director of CTAC, Commandant (G-MSO-3), U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters, 2100 Second Street SW., Washington, DC 20593-0001 or email: CTAC@comdt.uscg.mil. This notice is available on the Internet at http://dms.dot.gov.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Commander Robert J. Hennessy, Executive Director of CTAC, or Ms. Sara Ju, Assistant to the Executive Director, telephone (202) 267-1217, fax (202) 267-4570.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice of these meetings is given under the Federal Advisory Committee Act, 5 U.S.C. App. 2.
Agenda of Subcommittee Meeting on March 2-3, 2004:
(1) Introduce Subcommittee members and attendees.
(2) Discuss status of CTAC recommendations to the Coast Guard regarding bulk solid ammonium nitrate and ammonium nitrate fertilizers that are classified as oxidizers.
(3) Discuss status of Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA) implementation.
(4) Discuss outreach initiatives.
Agenda of CTAC Meeting on Thursday, March 4, 2004:
(1) Introduce Committee members and attendees.
(2) Status report from the CTAC Hazardous Cargo Transportation Security Subcommittee.
(3) Final report from the Outreach Workgroup.
(4) Presentation of the initiative to incorporate marine specific Start Printed Page 6319competencies, for hazardous material incident responders, into the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 472 Standard.
(5) Discussion and vote to establish a new subcommittee on the NFPA 472 Initiative.
(6) Presentation by the Chemical Distribution Institute on their Responsible Care Program.
(7) Presentation by CTAC reviewing recent marine casualties.
(8) Presentation by the Coast Guard's Office of Port, Vessel, and Facility Security (G-MPS).
(9) Presentation by the Coast Guard's Office of Response on Hazardous Substance Response Plan Regulations.
(10) Update of Coast Guard Regulatory Projects.
These meetings are open to the public. Please note that the meetings may close early if all business is finished. At the discretion of the Chair, members of the public may make oral presentations during the meetings. If you would like to make an oral presentation at a meeting, please notify the Executive Director and submit written material on or before February 27, 2004. If you would like a copy of your material distributed to each member of the Committee in advance of a meeting, please submit 25 copies to the Executive Director (see ADDRESSES) no later than February 27, 2004.
Information on Services for Individuals With Disabilities
For information on facilities or services for individuals with disabilities, or to request special assistance at the meeting, telephone the Executive Director as soon as possible.Start Signature
Dated: February 3, 2004.
Joseph J. Angelo,
Director of Standards, Marine Safety, Security and Environmental Protection.
[FR Doc. 04-2736 Filed 2-9-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-15-P