60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Compliant Form, Coordination and Review Section, Civil Rights Division.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Civil Rights Division (CRT), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until April 26, 2004. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Merrily A. Friedlander, Chief, Coordination and Review Section, Civil Rights Division, Department of Justice 1425 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20005.Start Printed Page 8682
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Compliant Form, Coordination and Review Section, Civil Rights Division
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: none. Civil Rights Division.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals and Households. The information collected from the respondents is used to investigate the alleged discrimination, to seek whether a referral is necessary, and to provide information needed to initiate investigation of the complaint.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: The estimated total number of respondents is 1,400. It will take the average respondent approximately 30 minutes to complete the form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 700 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: February 19, 2004.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 04-4032 Filed 2-24-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-13-P