Merit Systems Protection Board.
The Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB or Board) is amending its rules of practice and procedure in this part to reflect the planned closure of its Boston Field Office and Seattle Field Office.
Effective March 17, 2004, no new appeals may be filed in the Boston Field Office and Seattle Field Office. On March 17, 2004, areas currently served by the Boston Field Office will be transferred to the Northeastern Regional Office (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) and areas served by the Seattle Field Office will be transferred to the Western Regional Office (San Francisco, California).
Cases filed in the Boston Field Office and Seattle Field Office prior to March 17, 2004, will remain docketed in those offices and parties should continue filing pleadings with those offices until a notice transferring the case is issued. The Board anticipates closing the Boston Field Office and Seattle Field Office on March 31, 2004.
Accordingly, Appendix II of this part is amended to delete the Boston and Seattle Field Offices effective March 17, 2004. This amendment reassigns the areas served by the Boston Field Office to the Northeastern Regional Office and reassigns the areas served by the Seattle Field Office to the Western Regional Office. Appendix III of this part is amended effective March 17, 2004, to delete the approved hearing locations currently listed under the Boston and Seattle Field Offices and transfer those approved hearing locations to the Northeastern Regional Office and the Western Regional Office, respectively.
In addition, the Board has included an amendment to the zip code listed for the Denver Field Office in Appendix II and several amendments to the list of approved hearing sites in Appendix III.
Effective March 17, 2004.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Timothy L. Korb, Manager, Information Services, Merit Systems Protection Board, 1615 M Street, NW, Washington, DC, 20419; (202) 653-7200; fax: (202) 653-7130; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Board is publishing this rule as a final rule pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 1204(h).Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 5 CFR Part 1201
- Administrative practice and procedure
- Civil rights
- Government employees
Accordingly, the Board amends 5 CFR part 1201 as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for part 1201 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. Appendix II to Part 1201 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
Appendix II to Part 1201—Appropriate Regional or Field Office for Filing Appeals
All submissions shall be addressed to the Regional Director, if submitted to a regional office, or the Chief Administrative Judge, if submitted to a field office, Merit Systems Protection Board, at the addresses listed below, according to geographic region of the employing agency or as required by § 1201.4(d) of this part. The facsimile numbers listed below are TDD-capable; however, calls will be answered by voice before being connected to the TDD. Address of Appropriate Regional or Field Office and Area Served:
1. Atlanta Regional Office, 401 West Peachtree Street, NW., 10th floor, Atlanta, Georgia 30308-3519, Facsimile No.: (404) 730-2767, (Alabama; Florida; Georgia; Mississippi; South Carolina; and Tennessee).
2. Central Regional Office, 230 South Dearborn Street, 31st floor, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1669, Facsimile No.: (312) 886-4231, (Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas City, Kansas; Kentucky; Michigan; Minnesota; Missouri; Ohio; and Wisconsin).
2a. Dallas Field Office, 1100 Commerce Street, Room 620, Dallas, Texas 75242-9979, Facsimile No.: (214) 767-0102, (Arkansas; Louisiana; Oklahoma; and Texas).
3. Northeastern Regional Office, U.S. Customhouse, Room 501, Second and Chestnut Streets, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106-2987, Facsimile No.: (215) 597-3456, (Connecticut; Delaware; Maine; Maryland—except the counties of Montgomery and Prince George's; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; New Jersey—except the counties of Bergen, Essex, Hudson, and Union; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; Vermont; and West Virginia).
3a. New York Field Office, 26 Federal Plaza, Room 3137-A, New York, New York 10278-0022, Facsimile No.: (212) 264-1417, (New Jersey—counties of Bergen, Essex, Hudson, and Union; New York; Puerto Rico; and Virgin Islands).
4. Washington Regional Office, 1800 Diagonal Road, Alexandria, Virginia 22314, Facsimile No.: (703) 756-7112, (Maryland—counties of Montgomery and Prince George's; North Carolina; Virginia; Washington, DC; and all overseas areas not otherwise covered).
5. Western Regional Office, 250 Montgomery Street, Suite 400, 4th floor, San Francisco, California 94104-3401, Facsimile No.: (415) 705-2945, (Alaska; California; Hawaii; Idaho; Nevada; Oregon; Washington; and Pacific overseas areas).
5a. Denver Field Office, 165 South Union Blvd., Suite 318, Lakewood, Colorado 80228-2211, Facsimile No.: (303) 969-5109, (Arizona; Colorado; Kansas—except Kansas City; Montana; Nebraska; New Mexico; North Dakota; South Dakota; Utah; and Wyoming).Start Amendment Part
3. Appendix III to Part 1201 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
Appendix III to Part 1201—Approved Hearing Locations By Regional Office
Atlanta Regional Office
Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida
Charleston, South Carolina
Columbia, South Carolina
Central Regional Office
Davenport, Iowa/Rock Island, Illinois
Des Moines, Iowa
Detroit, Michigan Start Printed Page 11504
Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota
Kansas City, Missouri
St. Louis, Missouri
Dallas Field Office
Little Rock, Arkansas
New Orleans, Louisiana
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Corpus Christi, Texas
El Paso, Texas
San Antonio, Texas
Northeastern Regional Office
New Haven, Connecticut
Manchester, New Hampshire
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Trenton, New Jersey
Providence, Rhode Island
Charleston, West Virginia
Morgantown, West Virginia
New York Field Office
Newark, New Jersey
Albany, New York
Buffalo, New York
New York, New York
Syracuse, New York
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Washington Regional Office
Asheville, North Carolina
Charlotte, North Carolina
Raleigh, North Carolina
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Western Regional Office
Los Angeles, California
San Bernardino, California
San Diego, California
San Francisco, California
Santa Ana, California
Santa Barbara, California
Las Vegas, Nevada
Richland, Kennewick, and Pasco, Washington
Denver Field Office
Grand Junction, Colorado
Great Falls, Montana
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bismarck, North Dakota
Fargo, North Dakota
Rapid City, South Dakota
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Salt Lake City, Utah
Casper, WyomingStart Signature
Dated: March 5, 2004.
Bentley M. Roberts, Jr.,
Clerk of the Board.
[FR Doc. 04-5417 Filed 3-10-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7400-01-P