60-Day notice of information collection under review: Special Agent Medical Preplacement.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until June 14, 2004. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Eddie Trejo, Recruitment Branch, 6333 3rd Street, NW., Suite 600, Washington, DC 20001.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Special Agent Medical Preplacement.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 2300.10. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Other: None. The form is used by a special agent who is applying for a position has specific medical standards. The information collected is used to determine the medical suitability to qualify for a position that has specific medical standards and physical requirements. The information will also be used to make a recommendation on either hiring or not hiring an applicant.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 300 respondents will complete a 45-minute form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 225 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 9, 2004.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Deputy Clearance Officer, PRA, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 04-8524 Filed 4-14-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P