30 day notice of information collection under review: Department of Justice procurement blanket clearance.
The Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register, volume 69, number 6, on page 1603, on January 9, 2004, allowing for a 60 day public comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until June 4, 2004. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 3120.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs: Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile on (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Department of Justice Procurement Blanket Clearance.
(3) The Agency Form Number, if any, and the Applicable Component of the Department of Justice Sponsoring the Collection: Form Number: None. Sponsor: Justice Management Division.
(4) Affected Public Who Will be Asked or Required to Respond, as Well as a Brief Abstract: Primary: Commercial organizations and individuals who voluntarily submit offers and bids to compete for contract awards to provide supplies and services required by the Government. All work statements and pricing data are required to evaluate the contractors bid or proposal.
(5) An Estimate of the Total Number of Respondents and the Amount of Time for an Average Respondent to Respond: 5,996 respondents, 20 hours average response time.
(6) An Estimate of the Total Public Burden (in Hours) Associated with this Collection: 119,920 hours annually.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1600, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 29, 2004.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Deputy Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 04-10182 Filed 5-4-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-CJ-P