30-Day notice of information collection under review: State and local training registration request.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 68, Number 146, on page 44815 on July 30, 2003, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until July 19, 2004. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility,
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used,
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected, and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: State and Local Training Registration Request.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 6400.1. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: State, Local, or Tribal Government. Other: none. Abstract: The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives provides arson and explosive investigative techniques training to State and Local investigators. The registration request form will be used by prospective students. Start Printed Page 34192
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There will be an estimated 500 respondents, who will complete the form within approximately 6 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 50 total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Suite 1600, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: June 10, 2004.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Deputy Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 04-13743 Filed 6-17-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FB-P