30-day notice of information collection under review; application for travel document, Form I-131.
The Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on January 13, 2004 at 69 FR 1991, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. No comments were received by CIS on this information collection.Start Printed Page 39947
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until August 2, 2004. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Attn: Desk Officer for Homeland Security, Office of Management and Budget Room 10235, Washington, DC 20503; telephone 202-395-7316. The Office of Management and Budget is particularly interested in comments which:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g, permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Travel Document, Form I-131.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-131, Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.
Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. This form is used by permanent or conditional residents, refugees or asylees and aliens abroad seeking to apply for a travel document to lawfully reenter the United States or be paroled for humanitarian purposes into the United States.
(4) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 164,103 responses at 55 minutes (.9 hours) per response.
(5) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 147,692 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Richard A. Sloan, Director, Regulations and Forms Services, Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, Room 4034, 425 I Street, NW., Washington, DC 20536.Start Signature
Dated: June 28, 2004.
Richard A. Sloan,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 04-14965 Filed 6-30-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M