30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Exhibit B to Registration Statement (Foreign Agents).
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Criminal Division has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the procedures of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 69, Number 83, page 23535 on April 29, 2004, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until September 2, 2004. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Exhibit B to Registration Statement (Foreign Agents).
(3) The agency form number and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form CRM-155. Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit, Not-for-profit institutions, and individuals or households. The form is used to augment the registration statement of foreign agents as required by the provisions of the Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938, as amended, 22 U.S.C. 611, et seq., must set forth the agreement or understanding between the registrant and each of his foreign principals as well as the nature and method of performance of such agreement or understanding and the existing or proposed activities engaged in or to be engaged in, including political activities, by the registrant for the foreign principal, and must be filed within 10 days of the date a contract is made or when initial activity occurs, whichever is first.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: The total estimated number of responses is 164 at approximately .33 hours (20 minutes) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 54 annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Suite 1600, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: June 28, 2004.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 04-17638 Filed 8-2-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-P