30-Day Notice of information collection under review: Supplemental Registration Statement of Individuals (Foreign Agents).
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Criminal Division has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the procedures of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 69, Number 83, page 23536 on April 29, 2004, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until September 2, 2004. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-5805. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility.
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Supplemental Registration Statement of Individuals (Foreign Agents).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form CRM-154. Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit, not-for-profit institutions, and individuals or households. Form is required by the provisions of 22 U.S.C. 611, et seq., must be filed by the foreign agent within thirty days after the expiration of each period of six months succeeding the original filing date, and must contain accurate and complete information with respect to the foreign agent's activities, receipts and expenditures.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There are an estimated 491 respondents who will complete the form within 1 hour and 22 minutes per response (2 responses annually).
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 1,350 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: July 28, 2004.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 04-17672 Filed 8-2-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-M