Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, DOE.
In compliance with the requirements of section 3507 of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, 44 U.S.C. 3507, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (Commission) has submitted the information collection described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and reinstatement of this information collection requirement. Any interested person may file comments directly with OMB and should address a copy of those comments to the Commission as explained below. The Commission received no comments in response to an earlier Federal Register notice of February 18, 2004 (69 FR 7623-7624) and has made this indication in its submission to OMB.
Comments on the collection of information are due by August 30, 2004.
Address comments on the collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Desk Officer. Comments to OMB should be filed electronically, c/o Pamela_L._Beverly@omb.eop.gov and include the OMB Control No. as a point of reference. The Desk Officer may be reached by telephone at (202) 395-7856. A copy of the comments should also be sent to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Office of the Executive Director, ED-30, Attention: Michael Miller, 888 First Street, NE., Washington, DC 20426. Comments may be filed either in paper format or electronically. Those persons filing electronically do not need to make a paper filing. For paper filings, such comments should be submitted to the Office of the Secretary, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, 888 First Street, NE., Washington, DC 20426 and should refer to Docket No. IC04-547-001.
Documents filed electronically via the Internet must be prepared in MS Word, Portable Document Format, Word Perfect or ASCII format. To file the document, access the Commission's Web site at http://www.ferc.gov and click on “Make an E-filing,” and then follow the instructions for each screen. First time users will have to establish a user name and password. The Commission will send an automatic acknowledgment to the sender's e-mail address upon receipt of comments. User assistance for electronic filings is available at (202) 502-8258 or by e-mail to email@example.com. Comments should not be submitted to the e-mail address.
All comments are available for review at the Commission or may be viewed on the Commission's Web site at http://www.ferc.gov, using the “eLibrary” link. Enter the docket number excluding the last three digits in the docket number field to access the document. For assistance, contact FERC Online Support at FERCOnlineSupport@ferc.gov or toll-free at (866) 208-3676, or for TTY, contact (202) 502-8659.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Michael Miller may be reached by telephone at (202) 502-8415, by fax at (202) 273-0873, and by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The information collection submitted for OMB review contains the following:
1. Collection of Information: FERC-547 “Gas Pipeline Rates: Refund Requirements.”
2. Sponsor: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
3. Control No.: 1902-0084.
The Commission is now requesting that OMB approve with a three-year extension of the expiration date, with no changes to the existing collection. The information filed with the Commission is mandatory. Start Printed Page 47135
4. Necessity of the Collection of Information: Submission of the information is necessary to enable the Commission to carry out its responsibilities in implementing the statutory provisions of sections 4, 5 and 16 of the Natural Gas Act (NGA). Sections 4 and 5 authorize the Commission to order a refund, with interest, on any portion of a natural gas company's increased rate or charge that is found to by not just or reasonable. Refunds may also be instituted by a natural gas company as stipulation to a Commission-approved settlement agreement or provisions under the company's tariff. Section 16 authorizes the Commission to prescribe the rules and regulations necessary to administer its refund mandates. The data collected under FERC-547 allows the Commission to monitor the refunds owed by the Natural gas companies and to ensure the flow through of refunds, with applicable interest, to the appropriate customers. The Commission implements the refund and reporting requirements in the Code of Regulations (CFR) under 18 CFR 154.501 and 154.502.
5. Respondent Description: The respondent universe currently comprises 75 companies (on average per year) subject to the Commission's jurisdiction.
6. 6. Estimated Burden: 5,625 total hours, 75 respondents (average per year), 1 response per respondent, and 75 hours per response (average).
7. Estimated Cost Burden to respondents: 5,625 hours / 2080 hours per years × $107,185 per year = $289,863. The cost per respondent is equal to $3,865.Start Signature
Magalie R. Salas,
[FR Doc. E4-1724 Filed 8-3-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6717-01-P