Bureau of Land Management, Interior.
Notice of realty action.
Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has determined that land located in Clark County, Nevada is suitable for classification for lease/conveyance to the City of Las Vegas.
Interested parties may submit comments regarding the proposed lease/conveyance for classification until September 24, 2004.
Please mail your comments to the Las Vegas Field Manager, Bureau of Land Management, Las Vegas Field Office, 4701 N. Torrey Pines Drive, Las Vegas, Nevada 89130-2301.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Anna Wharton, Supervisory Realty Specialist, (702) 515-5095.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The following described public land in Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada has been examined and found suitable for lease/conveyance for recreational or public purposes under the provisions of the Recreation and Public Purposes Act, as amended (43 U.S.C. 869 et seq.).
N-37124—The City of Las Vegas proposes to use the land for a public park. Mount Diablo Meridian, T. 19S., R. 60E., Sec. 18, Government Lots, 15 and 16. Consist of 9.87 acres.
The land is not required for any federal purpose. Lease/conveyance is consistent with current Bureau planning for this area and would be in the public interest. The lease/ conveyance, when issued, will be subject to the provisions of the Recreation and Public Purposes Act and applicable regulations of the Secretary of the Interior, and will contain the following reservations to the United States:
1. A right-of-way thereon for ditches or canals constructed by the authority of the United States, Act of August 30, 1890 (43 U.S.C. 945).
2. All minerals shall be reserved to the United States, together with the right to prospect for, mine and remove such deposits from the same under applicable law and such regulations as the Secretary of the Interior may prescribe.
And will be subject to:
1. All valid and existing rights.
2. Those rights for public utility purposes which have been granted to Start Printed Page 48518the Las Vegas Valley Water District by permit No. N-75502 under Title V of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of October 21, 1976 (FLPMA).
3. Those rights for public utility purposes which have been granted to the Las Vegas Valley Water District by permit No. N-77494 under Title V of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of October 21, 1976 (FLPMA).
4. Those right for roadway, sewer and drainage purposes which have been granted to the City of Las Vegas by permit No. N-76812, under Title V of the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of October 21, 1976 (FLPMA).
Detailed information concerning this action is available for review at the office of the Bureau of Land Management, Las Vegas Field Office at the address listed above. On August 10, 2004, the above described land will be segregated from all other forms of appropriation under the public land laws, including the general mining laws, except for lease/conveyance under the Recreation and Public Purposes Act, leasing under the mineral leasing laws and disposals under the mineral material disposal laws.
Classification Comments: Interested parties may submit comments involving the suitability of the land for a public park. Comments on the classification are restricted to whether the land is physically suited for the proposal, whether the use will maximize the future use or uses of the land, whether the use is consistent with local planning and zoning, or if the use is consistent with State and Federal programs.
Application Comments: Interested parties may submit comments regarding the specific use proposed in the application and plan of development, whether the BLM followed proper administrative procedures in reaching the decision, or any other factor not directly related to the suitability of the land for a public park facility. Any adverse comments will be reviewed by the State Director who may sustain, vacate, or modify this realty action. In the absence of any adverse comments, these realty actions will become the final determination of the Department of the Interior. The classification of the land described in this Notice will become effective on October 12, 2004. The lands will not be offered for lease/conveyance until after the classification becomes effective.Start Signature
Dated: June 18, 2004.
Assistant Field Manager, Division of Lands, Las Vegas, NV.
[FR Doc. 04-18255 Filed 8-9-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-HC-P