Time and Date:
The Board of Directors of the Legal Services Corporation will meet September 11, 2004. The Board will convene following a lunch break expected to conclude at approximately 1:15 p.m. It is possible that the meeting may convene earlier or later than expected, depending upon the length of the committee meeting occurring in the morning.
The Best Western, 835 Great Northern Boulevard, Helena, Montana.
Status of Meeting:
Open, except that a portion of the meeting may be closed pursuant to a vote of the Board of Directors to hold an executive session. At the closed session, the Corporation's General Counsel will report to the Board on litigation to which the Corporation is or may become a party, and the Board may act on the matters reported. The closing is authorized by 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(2) and LSC's corresponding regulation 45 CFR 1622.5(a); 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(6) and LSC's corresponding regulation 45 CFR 1622.5(e); 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(7) and LSC's implementing regulation 45 CFR 1622.5(f)(4), and 5 U.S.C. 522b(c)(9)(B) and LSC's implementing regulation 45 CFR 1622.5(g); and 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(10) and LSC's corresponding regulation 45 CFR 1622.5(h). A copy of the General Counsel's Certification that the closing is authorized by law will be available upon request.
Matters To Be Considered:
1. Approval of agenda; Start Printed Page 53951
2. Approval of minutes of the Board's meetings of May 24, 2004 and June 5, 2004;
3. Approval of minutes of the Search Committee's meeting of June 5, 2004;
4. Chairman's Report;
5. Members' Reports;
6. President's Report;
7. Acting Inspector General's Report;
8. Consider and act on the report of the Board's Committee on Provision for the Delivery of Legal Services;
9. Consider and act on the report of the Board's Finance Committee;
10. Consider and act on the report of the Board's Operations & Regulations Committee;
11. Consider and act on the locations of the Board's meetings for the remainder of calendar year 2004 and the date and location of the 2005 Annual Meeting;
12. Consider and act on other business;
13. Public comment;
14. Consider and act on whether to authorize an executive session of the Board to address items listed below under Closed Session;
15. Briefing by management on internal personnel matters;
16. Briefing by the Inspector General on the activities of the Office of Inspector General;
17. Consider and act on General Counsel's report on potential and pending litigation involving LSC;
18. Consider and act on motion to adjourn meeting.
Contact Person for Information: Patricia D. Batie, Manager of Board Operations, at (202) 295-1500.
Special Needs: Upon request, meeting notices will be made available in alternate formats to accommodate visual and hearing impairments. Individuals who have a disability and need an accommodation to attend the meeting may notify Patricia D. Batie, at (202) 295-1500.Start Signature
Dated: September 1, 2004.
Victor M. Fortuno,
Vice President for Legal Affairs, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary.
[FR Doc. 04-20269 Filed 9-1-04; 3:12 pm]
BILLING CODE 7050-01-P