Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA is proposing to take direct final action approving a State Implementation Plan (SIP) revision submitted by the State of Colorado. On October 15, 2003, the Governor of Colorado submitted a revised maintenance plan for the Denver-Boulder metropolitan (hereafter, Denver) carbon monoxide (CO) maintenance area for the CO National Ambient Air Quality Standard (NAAQS). The revised maintenance plan also contained a revised transportation conformity budget for the year 2013. EPA is proposing approval of the Denver CO revised maintenance plan and revised transportation conformity budget. This action is being Start Printed Page 55791taken under section 110 of the Clean Air Act. In the “Rules and Regulations” section of this Federal Register, EPA is approving the State's SIP revision as a direct final rule without prior proposal because the Agency views this as a noncontroversial SIP revision and anticipates no adverse comments. A detailed rationale for the approval is set forth in the preamble to the direct final rule. If EPA receives no adverse comments, EPA will not take further action on this proposed rule. If EPA receives adverse comments, EPA will withdraw the direct final rule and it will not take effect. EPA will address all public comments in a subsequent final rule based on this proposed rule. EPA will not institute a second comment period on this action. Any parties interested in commenting must do so at this time. Please note that if EPA receives adverse comment on an amendment, paragraph, or section of the rule and if that provision may be severed from the remainder of the rule, EPA may adopt as final those provisions of the rule that are not the subject of an adverse comment.
Written comments must be received on or before October 18, 2004.
Submit your comments, identified by RME Docket Number R08-OAR-2004-CO-0001, by one of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- Agency Web site: http://docket.epa.gov/rmepub/index.jsp Regional Materials in EDOCKET (RME), EPA's electronic public docket and comment system for regional actions, is EPA's preferred method for receiving comments. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Fax: (303) 312-6064 (please alert the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT if you are faxing comments).
- Mail: Richard R. Long, Director, Air and Radiation Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 999 18th Street, Suite 300, Denver, Colorado 80202-2466.
- Hand Delivery: Richard R. Long, Director, Air and Radiation Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 999 18th Street, Suite 300, Denver, Colorado 80202-2466. Such deliveries are only accepted Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:55 p.m., excluding federal holidays. Special arrangements should be made for deliveries of boxed information.
Please see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules Section of this Federal Register for detailed instructions on how to submit comments.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Tim Russ, Air and Radiation Program, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Region 8, Mailcode 8P-AR, 999 18th Street, Suite 300, Denver, Colorado 80202-2466, phone (303) 312-6479, and e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
See the information provided in the Direct Final action of the same title which is located in the Rules and Regulations Section of this Federal Register.Start Signature
Dated: September 3, 2004.
Robert E. Roberts,
Regional Administrator, Region VIII.
[FR Doc. 04-20794 Filed 9-15-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P