Natural Resources Conservation Service.
Notice of availability of the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the Williamson River Delta Restoration Project and requesting public comment. A public meeting will be held at the Chiloquin High School Library on October 6, 2004, at 7 p.m. to discuss the project.
The NRCS is seeking public comment on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for a wetland restoration project on the Williamson River Delta. The full DEIS can be found at the following Web site: ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/OR/Klamath/williamsonriverdeis.pdf and at the following locations:
- NRCS Office, 2316 S. 6th St., Suite C, Klamath Falls, OR 97601.
- Klamath County Commissioners, 305 Main St., 2nd Floor, Klamath Falls, OR 97601.
- Klamath Tribes Natural Resources Department, 501 Chiloquin Blvd., Chiloquin, OR 97624.
- Chiloquin Public Library, 140 First St., Klamath Falls, OR 97624.
- Klamath Falls Public Library, 126 S. Third St., Klamath Falls, OR 97601.
- The Nature Conservancy, 226 Pine St., Klamath Falls, OR 97601.
Comments will be received for a 45-day period beginning September 17, 2004, through November 1, 2004.
Address all requests and comments to Kevin Conroy, Basin Team Leader, Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), 2316 S. Sixth St., Suite C, Klamath Falls, OR 97601; (541) 882-9044 (fax).Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Kevin Conroy, (541) 883-6924.Start Signature
Dated: September 9, 2004.
State Conservationist, Portland, OR.
[FR Doc. 04-21600 Filed 9-24-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3410-16-P