The Sensors and Instrumentation Technical Advisory Committee (SITAC) will meet on October 26, 2004, 9:30 a.m., in the Herbert C. Hoover Building, Room 3884, 14th Street between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration on technical questions that affect the level of export controls applicable to sensors and instrumentation equipment and technology.
1. Opening remarks and introductions.
2. Review of SITAC Annual Report.
3. Update on Bureau of Industry and Security initiatives.
4. Discussion on potential Wassenaar Export Group proposals on semiconductor lasers (6A005) and cameras (6A003).
5. Election of SITAC chairman.
6. Discussion of goals for Fiscal Year 2005.
7. Presentation of papers and comments by the public.
8. Discussion of matters determined to be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 sections 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3).
A limited number of seats will be available during the public session of the meeting. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent that time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. The public may submit written statements at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate distribution of public presentation materials to the Committee members, the Committee suggests that the materials be forwarded before the meeting to Ms. Lee Ann Carpenter at Lcarpent@bis.doc.gov.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the General Counsel, formally determined on September 13, 2004, pursuant to Section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee ACt, as amended (5 U.S.C. app. 2 section 10(d)), that the portion of this meeting dealing with pre-decisional changes to the Commerce Control List and U.S. export control policies shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 sections 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3). The remaining portions of the meeting will be open to the public.
For more information contact Lee Ann Carpenter on (202) 482-2583.Start Signature
Dated: October 5, 2004.
Lee Ann Carpenter,
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 04-22692 Filed 10-7-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M