Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces Agency approval of an application to register the pesticide products California Red Scale Technical Pheromone and Red Scale Down containing an active ingredient not included in any previously registered product pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c)(5) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Denise Greenway, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division (7511C), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (703) 308-8263; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. Potentially affected entities may include, but are not limited to:
- Crop production (NAICS 111)
- Animal production (NAICS 112)
- Food manufacturing (NAICS 311)
- Pesticide manufacturing (NAICS 32532)
This listing is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide for readers regarding entities likely to be affected by this action. Other types of entities not listed in this unit could also be affected. The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes have been provided to assist you and others in determining whether this action might apply to certain entities. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Copies of this Document and Other Related Information?
1. Docket. EPA has established an official public docket for this action under docket identification (ID) number OPP-2004-0332. The official public docket consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received, and other information related to this action. Although a part of the official docket, the public docket does not include Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. The official public docket is the collection of materials that is available for public viewing at the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1801 S. Bell St., Arlington, VA. This docket facility is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The docket telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
In accordance with section 3(c)(2) of FIFRA, a copy of the approved label, the list of data references, the data and other scientific information used to support registration, except for material specifically protected by section 10 of FIFRA, are also available for public inspection. Requests for data must be made in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and must be addressed to the Freedom of Information Office (A-101), 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001. The request should: Identify the product name and registration number and specify the data or information desired.
A paper copy of the fact sheet, which provides more detail on this registration, may be obtained from the National Technical Information Service (NTIS), 5285 Port Royal Rd., Springfield, VA 22161.
2. Electronic access. You may access this Federal Register document electronically through the EPA Internet under the “Federal Register” listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
An electronic version of the public docket is available through EPA's electronic public docket and comment system, EPA Dockets. You may use EPA Dockets at http://www.epa.gov/edocket/ to submit or view public comments, access the index listing of the contents of the official public docket, and to access those documents in the public docket that are available electronically. Although not all docket materials may be available electronically, you may still access any of the publicly available docket materials through the docket facility identified in Unit I.B.1. Once in the system, select “search,” then key in the appropriate docket ID number.
II. Did EPA Approve the Application?
The Agency approved the application after considering all required data on risks associated with the proposed use of (3S, 6R)-3-methyl-6-isopropenyl-9-decen-1-yl acetate and (3S, 6S)-3-methyl-6-isopropenyl-9-decen-1-yl acetate, and information on social, economic, and environmental benefits to be derived from use. Specifically, the Agency has considered the nature of the chemical and its pattern of use, application methods and rates, and level and extent of potential exposure. Based on these reviews, the Agency was able to make basic health and safety determinations which show that use of (3S, 6R)-3-methyl-6-isopropenyl-9-decen-1-yl acetate and (3S, 6S)-3-methyl-6-isopropenyl-9-decen-1-yl acetate when used in accordance with widespread and commonly recognized practice, will not generally cause unreasonable adverse effects to the environment.
III. Approved Application
1. EPA issued a notice, published in the Federal Register of August 11, 2004 (69 FR 48867) (FRL-7365-9), which announced that HBB Partnership, 5151 N. Palm Ave., Ste. 820, Fresno, CA 93704-2221, had submitted an application to register the pesticide product, California Red Scale Technical Pheromone, a manufacturing use Start Printed Page 60866product for the formulation of a mating-disruption pheromone end-use product, (EPA File Symbol 75108-E), containing the active ingredients (3S, 6R)-3-methyl-6-isopropenyl-9-decen-1-yl acetate and (3S, 6S)-3-methyl-6-isopropenyl-9-decen-1-yl acetate at 36% and 22% by weight, respectively. This product was not previously registered.
The application was approved on September 15, 2004, as California Red Scale Technical Pheromone (EPA Registration Number 75108-2) for use in manufacturing or formulating.
2. EPA also issued a notice, published in the Federal Register of August 11, 2004 (69 FR 48867), which announced that HBB Partnership had submitted an application to register the pesticide product, Red Scale Down, a mating disruption pheromone end-use product, (EPA File Symbol 75108-R), containing the active ingredients (3S, 6R)-3-methyl-6-isopropenyl-9-decen-1-yl acetate and (3S, 6S)-3-methyl-6-isopropenyl-9-decen-1-yl acetate at 0.041% and 0.025% by weight, respectively. This product was not previously registered.
The application was approved on September 15, 2004, as Red Scale Down (EPA Registration Number 75108-1) for the control of California red scale in citrus.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Pesticides and pests
Dated: September 29, 2004.
Acting Director, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 04-22876 Filed 10-12-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S