Skip to Content

Notice

Proposed Collection; Comment Request

Document Details

Information about this document as published in the Federal Register.

Published Document

This document has been published in the Federal Register. Use the PDF linked in the document sidebar for the official electronic format.

Start Preamble

Upon written request, copies available from: Securities and Exchange Start Printed Page 64117Commission, Office of Filings and Information Services,Washington, DC 20549.

Extension: Form CB, OMB Control No. 3235-0518, SEC File No. 270-457

Notice is hereby given that pursuant to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.) the Securities and Exchange Commission (“Commission”) is soliciting comments on the collection of information summarized below. The Commission plans to submit this existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget for extension and approval.

Form CB (OMB Control No. 3235-0518; SEC File No. 270-457) is a tender offer statement filed in connection with a tender offer for a foreign private issuer. This form is used to report an issuer tender offer conducted in compliance with Exchange Act Rule 13e-4(h)(8) and a third-party tender offer conducted in compliance with Exchange Act Rule 14d-1(c). It also is used by a subject company pursuant to Exchange Act Rule 14e-2(d). Approximately 200 respondents file Form CB annually at an estimated .5 hours per response for a total annual burden of 100 hours. It is estimated that 25% of the total burden (25 reporting burden hours) is prepared by the filer. The remaining 75% of the burden hours is prepared by outside counsel.

Written comments are invited on: (a) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information collected; and (d) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including through the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology. Consideration will be given to comments and suggestions submitted in writing within 60 days of this publication.

Please direct your written comments to R. Corey Booth, Director/Chief Information Officer, Office of Information Technology, Securities and Exchange Commission, 450 5th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20549.

Start Signature

October 27, 2004.

J. Lynn Taylor,

Assistant Secretary.

End Signature End Preamble

[FR Doc. E4-2987 Filed 11-2-04; 8:45 am]

BILLING CODE 8010-01-P