Department of Defense (DoD).
DoD has issued a final rule amending the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to update text pertaining to selection of firms for architect-engineer contracts. This rule is a result of a transformation initiative undertaken by DoD to dramatically change the purpose and content of the DFARS.
December 15, 2004.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Euclides Barrera, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council, OUSD(AT&L)DPAP(DAR), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062. Telephone (703) 602-0296; facsimile (703) 602-0350. Please cite DFARS Case 2003-D035.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
DFARS Transformation is a major DoD initiative to dramatically change the purpose and content of the DFARS. The objective is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the acquisition process, while allowing the acquisition workforce the flexibility to innovate. The transformed DFARS will contain only requirements of law, DoD-wide policies, delegations of FAR authorities, deviations from FAR requirements, and policies/procedures that have a significant effect beyond the internal operating procedures of DoD or a significant cost or administrative impact on contractors or offerors. Additional information on the DFARS Transformation initiative is available at http://www.acq.osd.mil/dp/dars/transf.htm.
This final rule is a result of the DFARS Transformation initiative. The changes in this rule—
- Revise DFARS 236.602-1 to remove procedures for establishment of evaluation criteria in the selection of firms for architect-engineer contracts. This text has been relocated to the new DFARS companion resource, Procedures, Guidance, and Information (PGI), available at http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dars/pgi.
- Remove unnecessary text on preselection boards and selection authorities at DFARS 236.602-2 and 236.602-4.
- Amend DFARS 236.604 to reflect replacement of Standard Form 254, Architect—Engineer and Related Services Questionnaire, with Standard Form 330, Architect-Engineer Qualifications.
DoD published a proposed rule at 69 FR 35568 on June 25, 2004. DoD received no comments on the proposed rule. Therefore, DoD has adopted the proposed rule as a final rule without change.
This rule was not subject to Office of Management and Budget review under Executive Order 12866, dated September 30, 1993.
B. Regulatory Flexibility Act
DoD certifies that this final rule will not have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities within the meaning of the Regulatory Flexibility Act, 5 U.S.C. 601, et seq., because the changes in the rule represent no substantive change to policy with regard to selection of firms for architect-engineer contracts.
C. Paperwork Reduction Act
The Paperwork Reduction Act does not apply because the rule does not impose any information collection requirements that require the approval of the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501, et seq.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Part 236
- Government procurement
Michele P. Peterson,
Executive Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council.
Therefore, 48 CFR Part 236 is amended as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for 48 CFR Part 236 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 236—CONSTRUCTION AND ARCHITECT-ENGINEER CONTRACTSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
2. Section 236.602-1 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(a) Establish the evaluation criteria before making the public announcement required by FAR 5.205(c) and include the criteria and their relative order of importance in the announcement. Follow the procedures at PGI 236.602-1(a).
3. Sections 236.602-2 and 236.602-4 are removed.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
4. Section 236.604 is amended by revising paragraph (c)(ii) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(c) * * *
(ii) File and use the DD Form 2631, Performance Evaluation (Architect-Engineer), in a manner similar to the SF 330, Architect-Engineer Qualifications, Part II.
[FR Doc. 04-27350 Filed 12-14-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-08-P