60-day notice of information collection under review: Immigrant petition by alien entrepreneur, Form I-526.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments Start Printed Page 1261are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until March 7, 2005.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a Currently Approved Information Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-526. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. This form is used by qualified immigrants seeking to enter the United States under section 203(b)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for the purpose of engaging in a commercial enterprise, must petition the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 1,368 responses at 1 hour and 15 minutes (1.25 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,710 annual burden hours.
If you have comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please contact Richard A. Sloan, Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 111 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529.Start Signature
Dated: December 30, 2004.
Richard A. Sloan,
Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 05-228 Filed 1-5-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M