The companies listed in this notice have applied to the Board for approval, pursuant to the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 (12 U.S.C. 1841 et seq.) (BHC Act), Regulation Y (12 CFR Part 225), and all other applicable statutes and regulations to become a bank holding company and/or to acquire the assets or the ownership of, control of, or the power to vote shares of a bank or bank holding company and all of the banks and nonbanking companies owned by the bank holding company, including the companies listed below.
The applications listed below, as well as other related filings required by the Board, are available for immediate inspection at the Federal Reserve Bank indicated. The application also will be available for inspection at the offices of the Board of Governors. Interested persons may express their views in writing on the standards enumerated in the BHC Act (12 U.S.C. 1842(c)). If the proposal also involves the acquisition of a nonbanking company, the review also includes whether the acquisition of the nonbanking company complies with the standards in section 4 of the BHC Act (12 U.S.C. 1843). Unless otherwise noted, nonbanking activities will be conducted throughout the United States. Additional information on all bank Start Printed Page 1718holding companies may be obtained from the National Information Center website at www.ffiec.gov/nic/.
Unless otherwise noted, comments regarding each of these applications must be received at the Reserve Bank indicated or the offices of the Board of Governors not later than February 3, 2005.
A. Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta (Sue Costello, Vice President) 1000 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, Georgia 30303:
1. Community Bancshares of Mississippi, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Brandon, Mississippi; to become a bank holding company by acquiring 58.6 percent of the voting shares of Community Bancshares of Mississippi, Inc., Brandon, Mississippi, and thereby indirectly acquire voting shares of Community Bank of Mississippi, Forest, Mississippi.
B. Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago (Patrick Wilder, Assistant Vice President) 230 South LaSalle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60690-1414:
1. Arthur R. Murray, Inc., Milford, Illinois; to acquire 100 percent of the voting shares of Dewey State Bank, Dewey, Illinois.
2. Country Bancorporation, Crawfordsville, Iowa; to acquire 100 percent of the voting shares of White State Bank, South English, Iowa.
3. Alpha Financial Group, Inc. Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Toluca, Illinois; to acquire up to 45.57 percent of the voting shares of Alpha Financial Group, Toluca, Illinois, and thereby indirectly acquire Alpha Community Bank, Toluca, Illinois.
C. Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis (Randall C. Sumner, Vice President) 411 Locust Street, St. Louis, Missouri 63166-2034:
1. Ozarks Legacy Community Financial, Inc., Thayer, Missouri; to become a bank holding company by acquiring at least 91.3 percent of the voting shares of Bank of Thayer, Thayer, Missouri.Start Signature
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, January 4, 2005.
Robert deV. Frierson,
Deputy Secretary of the Board.
[FR Doc. 05-392 Filed 1-7-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6210-01-S