Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces that pesticide related information submitted to EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) pursuant to the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), including information that may have been claimed as Confidential Business Information (CBI) by the submitter, will be tranferred to Systalex Corp. in accordance with 40 CFR 2.307(h)(3) and 2.308(i)(2). Systalex Corp. has been awarded multiple contracts to perform work for OPP, and access to this information will enable Systalex Corp. to fulfill the obligations of the contract.
Systalex Corp. will be given access to this information on or before January 18, 2005.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Erik R. Johnson, FIFRA Security Officer, Information Resources and Services Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (202) 564-0521; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action applies to the public in general. As such, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Copies of this Document and Other Related Information?
1. Docket. EPA has established an official public docket for this action under docket identification (ID) number OPP-2004-0416. The official public docket consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received, and other information related to this action. Although a part of the official docket, the public docket does not include CBI or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. The official public docket is the collection of materials that is available for public viewing at the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1801 S. Bell St., Arlington, VA. This docket facility is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The docket telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
2. Electronic access. You may access this Federal Register document electronically through the EPA Internet under the “Federal Register” listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
An electronic version of the public docket is available through EPA's electronic public docket and comment system, EPA Dockets. You may use EPA Dockets at http://www.epa.gov/edocket/ to submit or view public comments, access the index listing of the contents of the official public docket, and to access those documents in the public docket that are available electronically. Although not all docket materials may be available electronically, you may still access any of the publicly available docket materials through the docket facility identified in Unit I.B.1. Once in the system, select “search,” then key in the appropriate docket ID number.
II. Contractor Requirements
Under number 4D-5318-NBSX, the contractor will:
- Provide software development and related support services to meet the requirements of the Pesticide Registration Improvement Act of 2004.
- Develop a project plan demonstrating their understanding of the statement of work.
- Preform testing of all delivered software using personnel other than those developing the software being tested prior to delivery. Quality assurance activities included in this testing must demonstrate software performs to specifications outlined in the written instructions.
- The modifications have caused no problems in parts of the system which were not changed.
- The software is reliable.
This contract involves no subcontractors.
The OPP has determined that the contracts described in this document involve work that is being conducted in connection with FIFRA, in that pesticide chemicals will be the subject of certain evaluations to be made under this contract. These evaluations may be used in subsequent regulatory decisions under FIFRA.
Some of this information may be entitled to confidential treatment. The information has been submitted to EPA Start Printed Page 2156under sections 3, 4, 6, and 7 of FIFRA and under sections 408 and 409 of FFDCA.
In accordance with the requirements of 40 CFR 2.307(h)(3), the contracts with Systalex Corp., prohibits use of the information for any purpose not specified in these contracts; prohibits disclosure of the information to a third party without prior written approval from the Agency; and requires that each official and employee of the contractor sign an agreement to protect the information from unauthorized release and to handle it in accordance with the FIFRA Information Security Manual. In addition, Systalex Corp. is required to submit for EPA approval a security plan under which any CBI will be secured and protected against unauthorized release or compromise. No information will be provided to Systalex Corp. until the requirements in this document have been fully satisfied. Records of information provided to Systalex Corp. will be maintained by EPA Project Officers for these contracts. All information supplied to Systalex Corp. by EPA for use in connection with these contracts will be returned to EPA when Systalex Corp. has completed its work.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Business and industry
- Government contracts
- Government property
- Security measures
Dated: December 28, 2004.
Kathleen D. Knox,
Acting Director, Information Resources and Services Division Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 05-622 Filed 1-11-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S