30-day notice of information collection under review: ARCOS Transaction Reporting—DEA Form 333.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 69, Number 244 page 76479 on December 21, 2004, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until March 28, 2005. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) Start Printed Page 9385395-5806. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: ARCOS Transaction Reporting—DEA Form 333.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: DEA Form 333. Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. Abstract: Manufacturers and distributors of controlled substances must report acquisition/distribution transactions to DEA to comply with Federal law and international treaty obligations. This information helps to ensure a closed system of distribution for these controlled substances.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: DEA estimates that 1,334 persons respond to this collection. DEA estimates that it takes 1 hour to complete a paper form and 10 minutes to complete the form electronically.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: DEA estimates this collection has a public burden of 1,309 hours annually.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: February 22, 2005.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 05-3624 Filed 2-24-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P