Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposes to approve the sections 111(d)/129 State Plan submitted by the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) on September 16, 2004. This State Plan is for carrying out and enforcing provisions that are at least as protective as the Emissions Guidelines (EG) applicable to certain existing Municipal Waste Combustors (MWCs) in accordance with sections 111 and 129 of the Clean Air Act. The Connecticut DEP submitted the Plan to satisfy certain Federal Clean Air Act requirements.
EPA must receive written comments on this proposed rule March 28, 2005.
Submit your comments, identified by Regional Material in EDocket (RME) ID Number R01-OAR-2004-CT-0004 by one of the following methods:
1. Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments.
2. Agency Web site: http://docket.epa.gov/rmepub/ Regional Material in EDocket (RME), EPA's Start Printed Page 9266electronic public docket and comment system, is EPA's preferred method for receiving comments. Once in the system, select “quick search,” then key in the appropriate RME Docket identification number. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
3. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Fax: (617) 918-0521.
5. Mail: “RME ID Number R01-OAR-2004-CT-0004”, Michael Kenyon, Chief, Air Programs Branch, Office of Ecosystem Protection, U.S. EPA, One Congress Street, Suite 1100 (CAP), Boston, Massachusetts 02114-2023.
6. Hand Delivery or Courier: Deliver your comments to: Michael Kenyon, Chief, Air Programs Branch, Office of Ecosystem Protection, U.S. EPA, One Congress Street, Suite 1100 (CAP), Boston, Massachusetts 02114-2023. Such deliveries are only accepted during the Regional Office's normal hours of operation. The Regional Office's official hours of business are Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 4:30 excluding Federal holidays.
Please see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules section of this Federal Register for detailed instructions on how to submit comments.
Copies of documents relating to this proposed rule are available for public inspection during normal business hours at the following locations. The interested persons wanting to examine these documents should make an appointment with the appropriate office at least 24 hours before the day of the visit.
Environmental Protection Agency, Air Permits, Toxics & Indoor Programs Unit, Office of Ecosystem Protection, Suite 1100 (CAP), One Congress Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114-2023.
Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection, Bureau of Air Management, 79 Elm Street, Hartford, Connecticut 03301-0095, (860) 424-3027.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
John Courcier, Office of Ecosystem Protection (CAP), EPA-New England, Region 1, Boston, Massachusetts 02203, telephone number (617) 918-1659, fax number (617) 918-0659, e-mail email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
In the Rules section of this Federal Register, EPA is approving the Connecticut State Plan submittal as a direct final rule without prior proposal because the Agency views this as a noncontroversial submittal and anticipates no adverse comments. A detailed rationale for the approval is set forth in the direct final rule. If no adverse comments are received in response to this action rule, no further activity is contemplated. If EPA receives adverse comments, the direct final rule will be withdrawn and all public comments received will be addressed in a subsequent final rule based on this proposed rule. EPA will not institute a second comment period. Any parties interested in commenting on this action should do so at this time. Please note that if EPA receives adverse comment on an amendment, paragraph, or section of this rule and if that provision may be severed from the remainder of the rule, EPA may adopt as final those provisions of the rule that are not the subject of an adverse comment.
For additional information, see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules section of this Federal Register.Start Signature
Dated: February 14, 2005.
Robert W. Varney,
Regional Administrator, EPA New England.
[FR Doc. 05-3682 Filed 2-24-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P