Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration, USDA.
The designations of the official agencies listed below will end in September 2005. Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration (GIPSA) is asking persons interested in providing official services in the areas served by these agencies to submit an application for designation. GIPSA is also asking for comments on the quality of services provided by these currently designated agencies: Aberdeen Grain Inspection, Inc. (Aberdeen); Decatur Grain Inspection, Inc. (Decatur); Hastings Grain Inspection, Inc. (Hastings); John R. McCrea Agency, Inc. (McCrea); Missouri Department of Agriculture (Missouri); South Carolina Department of Agriculture (South Carolina); and Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (Wisconsin).
Applications and comments must be postmarked or electronically dated on or before April 1, 2005.
We invite you to submit applications and comments on this notice. You may submit applications and comments by any of the following methods:
- Hand Delivery or Courier: Deliver to Janet M. Hart, Chief, Review Branch, Compliance Division, GIPSA, USDA, Room 1647-S, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20250.
- Fax: Send by facsimile transmission to (202) 690-2755, attention: Janet M. Hart.
- E-mail: Send via electronic mail to Janet.M.Hart@usda.gov.
- Mail: Send hardcopy to Janet M. Hart, Chief, Review Branch, Compliance Division, GIPSA, USDA, STOP 3604, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20250-3604.
Read Applications and Comments: All applications and comments will be available for public inspection at the office above during regular business hours (7 CFR 1.27(b)).Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Janet M. Hart at 202-720-8525, e-mail Janet.M.Hart@usda.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This Action has been reviewed and determined not to be a rule or regulation as defined in Executive Order 12866 and Departmental Regulation 1512-1; therefore, the Executive Order and Departmental Regulation do not apply to this Action.
Section 7(f)(1) of the United States Grain Standards Act, as amended (Act), authorizes GIPSA's Administrator to designate a qualified applicant to provide official services in a specified area after determining that the applicant is better able than any other applicant to provide such official services.
Section 7(g)(1) of the Act provides that designations of official agencies shall end not later than triennially and may be renewed according to the criteria and procedures prescribed in Section 7(f) of the Act.
1. Current Designations Being Announced for Renewal. For Aberdeen, main office in Aberdeen, South Dakota; Decatur, main office in Decatur, Illinois; Hastings, main office in Hastings, Nebraska; McCrea, main office in Clinton, Iowa; Missouri, main office in Jefferson City; and South Carolina, main office in Columbia; the current designations started October 1, 2002 and will end September 30, 2005. For Wisconsin, main office in Madison, the current designation started October 30, 2004 and will end September 30, 2005.
a. Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic area, in the States of North Dakota and South Dakota, is assigned to Aberdeen.
Bounded on the North by U.S. Route 12 east to State Route 22; State Route 22 north to the Burlington-Northern (BN) line; the Burlington-Northern (BN) line east to State Route 21; State Route 21 east to State Route 49; State Route 49 south to the North Dakota-South Dakota State line; the North Dakota-South Dakota State line east to U.S. Route 83; U.S. Route 83 north to State Route 13; State Route 13 east and north to McIntosh County; the northern McIntosh County line east to Dickey County; the northern Dickey County line east to U.S. Route 281; U.S. Route 281 south to the North Dakota-South Dakota State line; the North Dakota-South Dakota State line east;Start Printed Page 9912
Bounded on the East by the eastern South Dakota State line (the Big Sioux River) to A54B;
Bounded on the South by A54B west to State Route 11; State Route 11 north to State Route 44 (U.S. 18); State Route 44 west to the Missouri River; the Missouri River south-southeast to the South Dakota State line; the southern South Dakota State line west; and
Bounded on the West by the western South Dakota State line north; the western North Dakota State line north to U.S. Route 12.
b. Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic area, in the State of Illinois, is assigned to Decatur.
Bounded on the North by the northern and eastern DeWitt County lines; the eastern Macon County line south to Interstate 72; Interstate 72 northeast to the eastern Piatt County line;
Bounded on the East by the eastern Piatt, Moultrie, and Shelby County lines;
Bounded on the South by the southern Shelby County line; a straight line running along the southern Montgomery County line west to State Route 16 to a point approximately one mile northeast of Irving; and
Bounded on the West by a straight line from this point northeast to Stonington on State Route 48; a straight line from Stonington northwest to Elkhart on Interstate 55; a straight line from Elkhart northeast to the west side of Beason on State Route 10; State Route 10 east to DeWitt County; the western DeWitt County line.
Decatur's assigned geographic area does not include the following grain elevators inside Decatur's area which have been and will continue to be serviced by the following official agency: Champaign-Danville Grain Inspection Departments, Inc.: Moultrie Grain Association, Cadwell, Moultrie County; Tabor Grain Company (three elevators), Farmer City, DeWitt County; and Topflight Grain Company, Monticello, Piatt County.
c. Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic area, in the State of Nebraska, is assigned to Hastings.
Bounded on the North by the northern Nebraska State line from the western Sioux County line east to the eastern Knox County line;
Bounded on the East by the eastern and southern Knox County lines; the eastern Antelope County line; the northern Madison County line east to U.S. Route 81; U.S. Route 81 south to the southern Madison County line; the southern Madison County line; the eastern Boone, Nance, and Merrick County lines; the Platte River southwest; the eastern Hamilton County line; the northern and eastern Fillmore County lines; the southern Fillmore County line west to U.S. Route 81; U.S. Route 81 south to State Highway 8; State Highway 8 west to the County Road 1 mile west of U.S. Route 81; the County Road south to southern Nebraska State line;
Bounded on the South by the southern Nebraska State line, from the County Road 1 mile west of U.S. Route 81, west to the western Dundy County line; and
Bounded on the West by the western Dundy, Chase, Perkins, and Keith County lines; the southern and western Garden County lines; the southern Morrill County line west to U.S. Route 385; U.S. Route 385 north to the southern Box Butte County line; the southern and western Sioux County lines north to the northern Nebraska State line.
The following grain elevators, located outside of the above contiguous geographic area, are part of this geographic area assignment: Farmers Coop, and Big Springs Elevator, both in Big Springs, Deuel County (located inside Kansas Grain Inspection Service, Inc.'s area); and Huskers Cooperative Grain Company, Columbus, Platte County (located inside Fremont Grain Inspection Department, Inc.'s, area).
d. Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic area, in the States of Illinois and Iowa, is assigned to McCrea.
Carroll and Whiteside Counties, Illinois.
Clinton and Jackson Counties, Iowa.
e. Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic area, the entire State of Missouri, is assigned to Missouri.
f. Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic area, the entire State of South Carolina, except those export port locations within the State, is assigned to South Carolina.
g. Pursuant to Section 7(f)(2) of the Act, the following geographic area, the entire State of Wisconsin, except those export port locations within the State, is assigned to Wisconsin.
2. Opportunity for Designation. Interested persons, including Aberdeen, Decatur, Hastings, McCrea, Missouri, South Carolina, and Wisconsin are hereby given the opportunity to apply for designation to provide official services in the geographic areas specified above under the provisions of Section 7(f) of the Act and section 800.196(d) of the regulations issued thereunder. Designation in the specified geographic areas is for the period beginning October 1, 2005 and ending September 30, 2008. Persons wishing to apply for designation should contact the Compliance Division at the address listed above for forms and information, or obtain applications at the GIPSA Web site, http://www.usda.gov/gipsa/oversight/parovreg.htm.
3. Request for Comments. GIPSA also is publishing this notice to provide interested persons the opportunity to present comments on the quality of services for the Aberdeen, Decatur, Hastings, McCrea, Missouri, South Carolina, and Wisconsin official agencies. In commenting on the quality of services, commenters are encouraged to submit pertinent data including information on the timeliness, cost, and scope of services provided. All comments must be submitted to the Compliance Division at the above address.
Applications, comments, and other available information will be considered in determining which applicant will be designated.Start Signature
David R. Shipman,
Deputy Administrator, Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration.
[FR Doc. 05-3846 Filed 2-28-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3410-EN-P