This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Federal Communications Commission.
This document notifies applicants in the upcoming auction of construction permits for certain low power television (LPTV), television translator and Class A Television broadcast stations (Auction No. 81) that they must provide to the Commission their FCC Registration Number (FRN) by March 18, 2005 in order to participate in the auction. Auction No. 81 is scheduled to commence on September 14, 2005.
FCC Registration Number (FRN) must be submitted by March 18, 2005.
FRN may be sent by electronic mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the alternative, an applicant may send an FRN by facsimile to Kathryn Garland at (717) 338-2850.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
FCC Technical Support at 1-877-480-3201 option 9, (202) 414-1250, or (202) 414-1255 (TTY). Hours of service: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. e.t. For legal questions: Lynne Milne at (202) 418-0660.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This is a summary of the Commission's Public Notice released February 28, 2005, Auction No. 81 Supplemental Public Notice. The complete text of the Auction No. 81 Supplemental Public Notice, is available for public inspection and copying during regular business hours at the FCC Reference Information Center, Portals II, 445 12th Street, SW., Room CY-A257, Washington, DC 20554. The Auction No. 81 Supplemental Public Notice and related Commission documents may also be purchased from the Commission's duplicating contractor, Best Copy and Printing, Inc. (BCPI), Portals II, 445 12th Street, SW., Room CY-B402, Washington, DC 20554, telephone (202) 488-5300, facsimile (202) 488-5563, or you may contact BCPI at its Web site: http://www.BCPIWEB.com. When ordering documents from BCPI, please provide the appropriate FCC document number (for example, DA 05-505 for the Auction No. 81 Supplemental Public Notice). The Auction No. 81 Supplemental Public Notice and related documents are also available on the Internet at the Commission's Web site: http://wireless.fcc.gov/auctions/81/.
I. General Information
1. On June 23, 2000, the Mass Media Bureau and Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (the “Bureaus”) announced a limited auction filing window for certain low power television (LPTV), television translator, and Class A television broadcast stations. See Notice and Filing Requirements Regarding July 31 through August 4, 2000 Limited Low Power Television/Television Translator/Class A Television Auction Filing Window, Public Notice, 65 FR 46713 (July 31, 2000), 65 FR 39619 (June 27, 2000). Following the close of that filing window, the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) adopted a rule requiring all persons and entities doing business with the FCC to acquire a unique identifying number called the FCC Registration Number (FRN) and to provide it with all applications or feeable filings, as well as other transactions involving payment of money. This requirement became effective on December 3, 2001. Use of an FRN is mandatory for all applicants for Auction No. 81 so that they may log on to the FCC Auctions 175 Application & Search system and continue to participate in the auction process.
2. If an Auction No. 81 applicant does not submit its FRN pursuant to this public notice, the Commission will not review its short-form application (FCC Form 175). A separate Public Notice released February 28, 2005, Low Power Television Auction No. 81 Scheduled for September 14, 2005; Auction No. 81 Applicants Must Provide Supplemental Information by March 18, 2005; Comment Sought On Reserve Prices or Minimum Opening Bids and Other Procedures, DA 05-506, (“Auction No. 81 Comment Public Notice”) announces that the bidding for Auction No. 81 will start on September 14, 2005. That Public Notice also lists in Attachment A the applicants that are required to submit an FRN pursuant to the procedures set forth in this public notice no later than 5 p.m. eastern time (e.t.), Friday, March 18, 2005.
3. To submit an FRN for association with a pending application, each listed applicant must provide its precise applicant name and FRN in an e-mail to email@example.com or fax this information to Kathryn Garland at (717) 338-2850. Note that, in some cases, an entity may have obtained multiple FRNs; however, each applicant must submit only the particular FRN that is associated with the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) that it used in connection with the initial submission of its short-form application (FCC Form 175) in June of 2000.
4. Applicants for Auction No. 81 must submit this information to the Commission no later than 5 p.m. e.t., Friday, March 18, 2005, in order to maintain status to participate in this auction. Any applicant that is listed in Attachment A of the Auction No. 81 Comment Public Notice (DA 05-506) which fails to submit its FRN exactly as prescribed by this public notice by the March 18th deadline will have its pending engineering proposals dismissed and will be ineligible to participate in Auction No. 81.
5. Applicants that do not have an FRN must obtain one by registering using the FCC's Commission Registration System (CORES). To access CORES, point your Web browser to the FCC Auctions page at http://wireless.fcc.gov/auctions/ and click the CORES link under Related Sites. Next, follow the directions provided to register and receive your FRN. Be sure to retain this number and password and keep such information strictly confidential.Start Signature
Federal Communications Commission.
Gary D. Michaels,
Deputy Chief, Auction and Spectrum Access Division, WTB.
[FR Doc. 05-4726 Filed 3-9-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6712-01-P