The Information Systems Technical Advisory Committee (ISTAC) will meet on April 27 and 28, 2005, 9 a.m., in the Herbert C. Hoover Building, Room 3884, 14th Street between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration on Start Printed Page 18360technical questions that affect the level of export controls applicable to information systems equipment and technology.
1. Opening remarks and introductions.
2. Comments or presentations by the public.
3. Overview on nanotechnology.
4. Discussion on licensing issues for Microwave Monolithic Integrated Circuit (MMIC) amplifiers.
5. Update on Bureau of Industry and Security initiatives.
6. Presentation on trends in high-performance computing.
7. Discussion on controls on microprocessor technology.
8. Discussion of matters determined to be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 §§ 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3).
A limited number of seats will be available for the public session. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. The public may submit written statements at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate distribution of public presentation materials to Committee members, the Committee suggests that public presentation materials or comments be forwarded before the meeting to Ms. Lee Ann Carpenter at Lcarpent@bis.doc.gov.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on March 29, 2005, pursuant to Section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended (5 U.S.C. app. 2 § (10)(d))), that the portion of the meeting concerning the trade secrets and commercial or financial information deemed privileged or confidential as described in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(4) and the portion of the meeting concerning matters the disclosure of which would be likely to frustrate significantly implementation of an agency action as described in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(9)(B) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 §§ 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3).
The remaining portions of the meeting will be open to the public.
For more information, call Lee Ann Carpenter at (202) 482-2583.Start Signature
Dated: April 5, 2005.
Lee Ann Carpenter,
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 05-7162 Filed 4-8-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M