Department of Energy.
Notice of open meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the Biological and Environmental Research Advisory Committee. Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, 86 Stat. 770) requires that public notice of these meetings be announced in the Federal Register.
Wednesday, April 20, 2005, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Thursday, April 21, 2005, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
American Geophysical Union, 2000 Florida Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20009.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Dr. David Thomassen (301-903-9817; email@example.com), or Ms. Shirley Derflinger (301-903-0044; firstname.lastname@example.org), Designated Federal Officers, Biological and Environmental Research Advisory Committee, U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Science, Office of Biological and Environmental Research, SC-70/Germantown Building, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20585-1290. The most current information concerning this meeting can be found on the Web site: http://www.science.doe.gov/ober/berac/announce.html.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Purpose of the Meeting: To provide advice on a continuing basis to the Director, Office of Science of the Department of Energy, on the many complex scientific and technical issues that arise in the development and implementation of the Biological and Environmental Research Program.
Wednesday, April 20, and Thursday, April 21, 2005
- Comments from Dr. Raymond Orbach, Director, Office of Science
- Report of Subcommittee on The Need for Enhanced Research on Cloud Parameterization Methods and Abrupt Climate Change
- Status Report on Restructuring of Aerosol Research Program
- Discussion of new charge to review Terrestrial Carbon Cycle Research
- Report by Dr. Ari Patrinos, Associate Director of Science for Biological and Environmental Research
- Discussion on Opportunities in Neural Prosthesis Research
- Status of GTL Roadmap and Facility solicitation
- Update on Environmental Remediation Sciences Division restructuring
- EMSL update
- Status of upcoming EMSL review
- Discussion of BER Long Term Performance Goals
- Science talk
- New business
- Public comment (10 minute rule)
Public Participation: The day and a half meeting is open to the public. If you would like to file a written statement with the Committee, you may do so either before or after the meeting. If you would like to make oral statements regarding any of the items on the agenda, you should contact David Thomassen or Shirley Derflinger at the address or telephone numbers listed above. You must make your request for an oral statement at least five business days before the meeting. Reasonable provision will be made to include the scheduled oral statements on the agenda. The Chairperson of the Committee will conduct the meeting to facilitate the orderly conduct of business. Public comment will follow the 10-minute rule. This notice is being published 15 days before the date of the meeting due to programmatic issues.
Minutes: The minutes of this meeting will be available for public review and copying within 30 days at the Freedom of Information Public Reading Room, 1E-190, Forrestal Building, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC., between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.Start Signature
Issued in Washington, DC on April 6, 2005.
Acting Advisory Committee Officer.
[FR Doc. 05-7293 Filed 4-11-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P