Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 33-Specific Domestic Licenses of Broad Scope for Byproduct Material.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0015.
3. How often the collection is required: There is a one-time submittal of information to receive a license. Once a specific license has been issued, there is a 10-year resubmittal of the information for renewal of the license.
4. Who is required or asked to report: All applicants requesting a license of broad scope for byproduct material and all current licensees requesting renewal of a broad scope license.
5. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1.
7. Abstract: 10 CFR part 33 contains mandatory requirements for the issuance of a broad scope license authorizing the use of byproduct material. The subparts cover specific requirements for obtaining a license of broad scope. These requirements include equipment, facilities, personnel, and procedures adequate to protect health and minimize danger to life or property.
Submit, by July 5, 2005, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, T-5 F53, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail to INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 29th day of April 2005.Start Printed Page 23892
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 05-8946 Filed 5-4-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P