60-day notice of information collection under review; application for certificate of citizenship, Form N-600.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Written comments on the form are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until July 15, 2005. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points.
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Certificate of Citizenship.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form N-600. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. This form is provided by the USCIS as a uniform format for obtaining essential data necessary to determine the applicant's eligibility for the requested immigration benefit.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 67,936 responses at 1 hour per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 67,936 annual burden hours.
If you have comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the USCIS Web site at http://www.uscis.gov, go to the “Fingerprinting and Forms” link, then scroll down the page for this form. Also you may contact Richard A. Sloan, Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529; 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: May 6, 2005.
Richard A. Sloan,
Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 05-9670 Filed 5-13-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M