30-Day notice of information collection under review: Emergency Federal Law Enforcement Assistance File No. OMB-6.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on May 16, 2005 at 70 FR 25839, allowed for a 60-day public comment period. The ICE did not receive any comments on this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until [August 18, 2005]. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Emergency Law Enforcement Assistance.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: No Agency Form Number (File No. OMB-06), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: State, local or tribal governments. This collection of information is needed for the States and localities to submit claims for reimbursement in connection with immigration emergencies.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 10 responses at 30 hours per response.
(6) an estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 300 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please contact Richard A. Sloan, Director, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20529; (202) 272-8377. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services published this notice on behalf of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.Start Signature
Dated: June 21, 2005.
Richard A. Sloan,
Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 05-14132 Filed 7-18-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M