30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Alien's Start Printed Page 44119Change of Address Form: 33/BIA Board of Immigration Appeals, 33/IC Immigration Court.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 70, Number 80, page 21812 on April 27, 2005, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until August 31, 2005. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-5806. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Alien's Change of Address Form: 33/BIA Board of Immigration Appeals, 33/IC Immigration Court.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: Form EOIR 33/BIA, 33/IC. Executive Office for Immigration Review, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: An individual appearing before the Immigration Court or the Board of Immigration Appeals. Other: None. Abstract: The information on the change of address form is used by the Immigration Courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals to determine where to send notices of the next administrative action or of any decisions in an alien's case.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 15,000 respondents will complete the form annually with an average of 3 minutes per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 750 total burden hours associated with this collection annually.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: July 27, 2005.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 05-15139 Filed 7-29-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P