This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Federal Maritime Commission (FMC).
Final rule; corrections.
This document corrects the regulations in §§ 501.26(a)(8), 502.271(f)(1), and 502.401 of 46 CFR Parts 501 and 502 of the Final Rule published on February 15, 2005. These revisions to the regulations are non-substantive and no public comments on the Final Rule are necessary.
Effective August 4, 2005.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Amy W. Larson, General Counsel, Federal Maritime Commission, 800 North Capitol Street, NW., Room 1018, Washington, DC 20573-0001, (202) 523-5740, E-mail: GeneralCounsel@fmc.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
On February 15, 2005, the Federal Maritime Commission (“FMC” or “Commission”) adopted a Final Rule to amend its regulations in 46 CFR Part 501 to reflect the reorganization of the agency that took effect on August 23, 2004. This Rule also made nomenclature changes in certain CFR units to reflect changes in relevant Commission bureau names. This revision corrects errors in the regulations, which were not detected in the course of preparing the Final Rule for publication. The revisions are non-substantive in nature, therefore, no public comments on the Final Rule are necessary.
Therefore, for the reasons set forth above, the following sections in the regulations of Parts 501 and 502 have been amended.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Administrative practice and procedure
- Authority delegations (Government agencies)
- Organization and functions (Government agencies)
- Seals and insignia
- Administrative practice and procedure
- Equal access to justice
- Maritime carriers
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
PART 501—THE FEDERAL MARITIME COMMISSION—GENERALEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for part 501 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part
2. Amend § 501.26(a)(8), by removing the words “Bureau of Consumer Complaints and Licensing,” and adding, in their place, the words “Bureau of Certification and Licensing.”End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 502—RULES OF PRACTICE AND PROCEDUREEnd Part Start Amendment Part
3. The authority citation for part 502 continues to read as follows:End Amendment Part
4. Amend § 502.271(f)(1), by removing the words “Office of Consumer Complaints, in the Bureau of Certification and Licensing” and adding, in their place, the words “Office of Consumer Affairs and Dispute Resolution Services.”End Amendment Part
5. Amend § 502.401, by removing the words “Bureau of Certification and Licensing” and adding, in their place, “Office of Consumer Affairs and Dispute Resolution Services.”End Amendment Part Start Signature
Bryant L. VanBrakle,
[FR Doc. 05-15339 Filed 8-3-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6730-01-P