60-day notice of information collection under review: number of full-time law enforcement employees as of October 31.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until November 28, 2005. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact: Gregory E. Scarbro, Unit Chief, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS), Module E-3, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306, or facsimile to 304-625-3566.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Number of Full-Time Law Enforcement Employees as of October 31.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Numbers: 1-711, 1-711a, 1-711b. Criminal Justice Information Services Division, Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: State, local, or tribal government. Other: Federal Government. This collection is needed to determine the number of civilian and sworn full-time law enforcement employees throughout the United States. The data is tabulated and published in the annual, Crime in the United States.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that approximately 17,499 law enforcement agency respondents will take approximately 0.13 hours (8 minutes) to complete the report.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 2,333 annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.Start Signature
Dated: September 22, 2005.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 05-19312 Filed 9-27-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P