Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The EPA is proposing to approve State Implementation Plan (SIP) revisions submitted by the State of Connecticut. These revisions incorporate volatile organic compound (VOC) reasonably available control technology (RACT) state consent orders for Hitchcock Chair Co., Ltd.; Kimberly Clark Corp.; Watson Laboratories, Inc.; and Ross & Roberts, Inc. into the Connecticut SIP. This action will have a beneficial effect on air quality by reducing VOC emissions which contribute to ground-level ozone formation. EPA is taking this action in accordance with the Clean Air Act.
Written comments must be received on or before November 23, 2005.
Submit your comments, identified by Regional Material in EDocket (RME) ID Number R01-OAR-2005-CT-0002 by one of the following methods:
1. Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
2. Agency Web site: http://docket.epa.gov/rmepub/, Regional Material in EDocket (RME), EPA's electronic public docket and comment system, is EPA's preferred method for receiving comments. Once in the system, select “quick search,” then key in the appropriate RME Docket identification number. Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
3. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Fax: (617) 918-0661.
5. Mail: “RME ID Number R01-OAR-2005-CT-0002,” David Conroy, Chief, Air Programs Branch, Office of Ecosystem Protection, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, EPA New England Regional Office, One Congress Street, Suite 1100 (mail code CAQ), Boston, MA 02114-2023.
6. Hand Delivery or Courier. Deliver your comments to: David Conroy, Chief, Air Programs Branch, Office of Ecosystem Protection, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, EPA New England Regional Office, One Congress Street, 11th floor (CAQ), Boston, MA 02114-2023. Such deliveries are only accepted during the Regional Office's normal hours of operation. The Regional Office's official hours of business are Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, excluding federal holidays.
Please see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules section of this Federal Register for detailed instructions on how to submit comments.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Alison C. Simcox, Air Quality Planning Unit, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, EPA New England Regional Office, One Congress Street, Suite 1100 (CAQ), Boston, MA 02114-2023, telephone number (617) 918-1684, fax (617) 918-0684, e-mail: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
In the Final Rules section of this Federal Register, EPA is approving the State's SIP submittals as a direct final rule without prior proposal because the Agency views these as noncontroversial submittals and anticipates no adverse comments. A detailed rationale for the approval is set forth in the direct final rule. If no adverse comments are received in response to this action rule, no further activity is contemplated. If EPA receives adverse comments, the direct final rule will be withdrawn and all public comments received will be addressed in a subsequent final rule based on this proposed rule. EPA will not institute a second comment period. Any parties interested in commenting on this action should do so at this time. Please note that if EPA receives adverse comment on an amendment, paragraph, or section of this rule and if that provision may be severed from the Start Printed Page 61404remainder of the rule, EPA may adopt as final those provisions of the rule that are not the subject of an adverse comment.
For additional information, see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules section of this Federal Register.Start Signature
Dated: August 11, 2005.
Ira W. Leighton,
Acting Regional Administrator, EPA New England.
[FR Doc. 05-21195 Filed 10-21-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P