This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Review of the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement
The governments of the United States and Canada have asked the International Joint Commission (IJC) to consult with the residents of the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River basin to find out their views on what needs to be done to protect water quality in their area, and on the future of the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement.
The Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement between Canada and the United States expresses the commitment of each country to restore and maintain the chemical, physical and biological integrity of the waters of the Great Lakes basin ecosystem, including the international portion of the St. Lawrence River.
The governments intend to launch a review of the operation and effectiveness of the Agreement in early 2006. The Agreement was first signed in 1972 and last amended in 1987.
The International Joint Commission is holding 14 public meetings across the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River basin, conducting a Web Dialogue from November 29 to December 2 and accepting written and oral submissions until November 30. For more information, call toll-free at 1 866 813-0642 or visit http://www.ijc.org/glconsultations.
- Monday, October 17 at 7 p.m. in Montréal, Quebec, at City Hall, 275 Notre-Dame Street East
- Monday, October 24 at 7 p.m. in Duluth, Minnesota, at the Central Hillside Community Center, 12 East 4th Street
- Tuesday, October 25 at 7 p.m. in Thunder Bay, Ontario, at City Hall, 500 Donald Street East
- Thursday, October 27 at 7 p.m. in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, in the City Council Chamber at the Civic Centre, 99 Foster Drive
- Tuesday, November 1 at 7 p.m. in Bay City, Michigan, at City Hall, 301 Washington Avenue
- Tuesday, November 1 at 7 p.m. in Green Bay, Wisconsin, at the KI Convention Center, 333 Main Street
- Wednesday, November 2 at 7 p.m. in Chicago, Illinois, in the Phelps Auditorium at the Shedd Aquarium, 1200 South Lake Shore Drive
- Wednesday, November 2 at 3 p.m. in Detroit, Michigan, at the Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce, One Woodward Avenue, Suite 1900
- Wednesday, November 2 at 7 p.m. in Windsor, Ontario, at the Cleary International Centre, 201 Riverside Drive West
- Thursday, November 3, at 7 p.m. in Cleveland, Ohio, in the Rotunda of City Hall, 601 Lakeside Avenue
- Tuesday, November 8 at 7 p.m. in Quebec City, Quebec, at City Hall, 2 rue des Jardins
- Tuesday, November 8 at 7 p.m. in Midland, Ontario, in the Council Chamber at the Municipal Building, 575 Dominion Avenue
- Wednesday, November 9 at 7 p.m. in Toronto, Ontario, at City Hall, 100 Queen Street West
- Thursday, November 10 at 7:30 p.m. in Rochester, New York, in the City Council Chambers at City Hall, 30 Church Street
Dated: November 7, 2005.
Elizabeth C. Bourget,
Secretary, United States Section, International Joint Commission, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 05-22542 Filed 11-10-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-14-P