Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Department of the Interior.
Notice of public meeting.
In accordance with the Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA) and the Federal Advisory Committee Act of 1972 (FACA), the U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Boise District Resource Advisory Council (RAC), will meet as indicated below.
The meeting will be held December 14, 2005, beginning at 9 a.m. and adjourning at 4 p.m. at the Foothills Environmental Learning Center, 3188 Sunset Peak Rd., Boise, ID. Public comment periods will be held after topics on the agenda.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
MJ Byrne, Public Affairs Officer and RAC Coordinator, BLM Boise District, 3948 Development Ave., Boise, ID 83705, Telephone (208) 384-3393.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The 15-member Council advises the Secretary of the Interior, through the BLM, on a variety of planning and management issues associated with public land management in southwestern Idaho. Meeting topics will include the following:
- Hot Topics—Acting District Manager;
- Three Field Office Managers and District Fire Manager provide updates on current issues and planned activities in their Field Offices and the District;
- District Administrative Officer, John Hatch provides a review of the 2006 budget process, budget reductions and impacts to workload accomplishments.
- Subcommittee Reports:
- Rangeland Standards and Guidelines;
- Briefing on the status of assessments, appeals and litigation,
- OHV & Transportation Management;
- Update on DOI's preferred options for implementation of Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act's RAC's,
- Update on OHV Route Designation in Owyhee County
- Sage Grouse Habitat Management, and;
- Briefing on 2005 and proposed activities of the Owyhee Sage Grouse Local Working Group,
- Resource Management Plans
- Overview of proposed Preferred Alternative for draft RMP-EIS for the Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area.
Agenda items and location may change due to changing circumstances, including wildfire emergencies. All meetings are open to the public. The public may present written comments to the Council. Each formal Council meeting will also have time allocated for hearing public comments. Depending on the number of persons wishing to comment and time available, the time for individual oral comments may be limited. Individuals who plan to attend and need special assistance, such as sign language interpretation, tour transportation or other reasonable accommodations, should contact the BLM as provided below. Expedited publication is requested to give the public adequate notice.Start Signature
Dated: November 17, 2005.
Mitchell A. Jaurena,
Acting Associate District Manager.
[FR Doc. 05-23159 Filed 11-22-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-HC-P