The Regulations and Procedures Technical Advisory Committee (RPTAC) will meet December 6, 2005, 9 a.m., Room 3884, in the Herbert C. Hoover Building, 14th Street between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration on implementation of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and provides for continuing review to update the EAR as needed.
1. Opening remarks by the Chairman.
2. Presentation of papers or comments by the Public.
3. Regulations update.
4. Update on proposed rule on deemed export related regulatory requirements (RIN 0694-AD29).
5. Update on Wassenaar Statement of Understanding on Military End-uses.
6. Update on Missile Technology controls.
7. Country policy updates: Libya, Iraq.
8. Update on Country Group revision project.
9. Update on Automated Export System.
10. Simplified Network Application Process (SNAP) update.
11. Working group reports.
12. Discussion of matters determined to be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 sections 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3).
A limited number of seats will be available for the public session. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent that time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. The public may submit written statements at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate the distribution of public presentation materials to the Committee members, the Committee suggests that presenters forward the public presentation materials prior to the meeting to Ms. Yvette Springer at Yspringer@bis.doc.gov.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on November 18, 2005, pursuant to Section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended (5 U.S.C. app. 2 sections (10)(d)), that the portion of the meeting dealing with matters the disclosure of which would be likely to frustrate significantly implementation of an agency action as described in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(9)(B) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 sections 10(a)1 and 10(a)(3). The remaining portions of the meeting will be open to the public. For more information, call Yvette Springer at (202) 482-4814.Start Signature
Dated: November 18, 2005.
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 05-23254 Filed 11-22-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M