Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces Agency approval of an application to register the pesticide products Topramezone Technical and Topramezone SC Herbicide containing an active ingredient not included in any previously registered product pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c)(5) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Joanne I. Miller, Registration Division (7505C), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: 703-305-6224; and e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. Potentially affected entities may include, but are not limited to:
- Crop production (NAICS code 111)
- Animal production (NAICS code 112)
- Food manufacturing (NAICS code 311)
- Pesticide manufacturing (NAICS code 32532)
This listing is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide for readers regarding entities likely to be affected by this action. Other types of entities not listed in this unit could also be affected. The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes have been provided to assist you and others in determining whether this action might apply to certain entities. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Copies of this Document and Other Related Information?
1. Docket. EPA has established an official public docket for this action under docket identification (ID) number Start Printed Page 74316EPA-HQ- OPP-2003-0195. The official public docket consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received, and other information related to this action. Although a part of the official docket, the public docket does not include Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. The official public docket is the collection of materials that is available for public viewing at the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1801 S. Bell St., Arlington, VA. This docket facility is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The docket telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
In accordance with section 3(c)(2) of FIFRA, a copy of the approved label, the list of data references, the data and other scientific information used to support registration, except for material specifically protected by section 10 of FIFRA, are also available for public inspection. Requests for data must be made in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and must be addressed to the Freedom of Information Office (A-101), 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001. The request should: Identify the product name and registration number and specify the data or information desired.
A paper copy of the fact sheet, which provides more detail on this registration, may be obtained from the National Technical Information Service (NTIS), 5285 Port Royal Rd., Springfield, VA 22161.
2. Electronic access. You may access this Federal Register document electronically through the EPA Internet under the “Federal Register” listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
Agency Website: EDOCKET, EPA's electronic public docket and comment system was replaced on November 25, 2005, by an enhanced federal-wide electronic docket management and comment system located at http://www.regulations.gov/. Follow the on-line instructions.
An electronic version of the public docket is available through EPA's electronic public docket and comment system, EPA Dockets. You may use EPA Dockets at http://www.epa.gov/edocket/ to submit or view public comments, access the index listing of the contents of the official public docket, and to access those documents in the public docket that are available electronically. Although not all docket materials may be available electronically, you may still access any of the publicly available docket materials through the docket facility identified in Unit I.B.1. Once in the system, select “search,” then key in the appropriate docket ID number.
II. Did EPA Approve the Application?
The Agency approved the application after considering all required data on risks associated with the proposed use of topramezone, and information on social, economic, and environmental benefits to be derived from use. Specifically, the Agency has considered the nature of the chemical and its pattern of use, application methods and rates, and level and extent of potential exposure. Based on these reviews, the Agency was able to make basic health and safety determinations which show that use of topramezone when used in accordance with widespread and commonly recognized practice, will not generally cause unreasonable adverse effects to the environment.
III. Approved Applications
1. EPA Registration Number: 5481-523. Applicant: Amvac Chemical Corp., 4695 MacArthur Court, Suite 1250, Newport Beach, CA 92660. Product Name: Topramezone Technical. Type of product: Herbicide. Active ingredient: Topramezone, [3-(4,5-dihydro-isoxazol-3-yl)-4-methylsulfonyl-2-methylphenyl](5-hydroxy-1-methyl-1H-pyrazol-4-yl)methanone at 99.2%. Proposed classification/Use: None. For the formulation of herbicides.
2. EPA Registration Number: 5481-524. Applicant: Amvac Chemical Corp. Product Name: Topramezone SC Herbicide. Type of product: Herbicide. Active ingredient: Topramezone, [3-(4,5-dihydro-isoxazol-3-yl)-4-methylsulfonyl-2-methylphenyl](5-hydroxy-1-methyl-1H-pyrazol-4-yl)methanone at 29.7%. Proposed classification/Use: None. For weed control on corn.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Pesticides and pests
Dated: November 30, 2005
Donald R. Stubbs,
Acting Director, Registration Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 05-24094 Filed 12-14-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S