60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Contracts Concerning Project Speak Out, Form G-1046; OMB Control Number 1615-0074.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until February 21, 2006.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Director, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at rfs.regs@gov. When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0074 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, Start Printed Page 76323electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Contracts Concerning Project Speak Out.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form G-1046; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. This form provides a standardized way of recording the number of individuals contacting the Community Based Organizations concerning the practitioner fraud pilot program. The USCIS will use the information collected on the form to determine how many persons are served by the program and if its public outreach efforts are successful.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 6,000 responses at 42 minutes per response, plus 600 submissions at 10 minutes per submission.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 4,300 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/pra/index.htm.
If additional information is required contact: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529, (202) 272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: December 20, 2005.
Deputy Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 05-24397 Filed 12-22-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M