45-Day Notice of Information Collection under Review: Petition for Temporary Worker— H-1B Cap, Form 60.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for forty-five days until February 13, 2006.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Director, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add USCIS Form 60 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: New Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Petition for Temporary Worker—H-1B Cap.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component sponsoring the collection: USCIS Form 60. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. This form will be required to be filed by employers petitioning for temporary workers for H-1B classification who are subject to the annual numeric limitation. Employers who are petitioning for temporary workers in H-1B classification who are not subject to the H-1B annual numerical cap may use the Form 60 if they wish.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 90,000 responses at 2 hours per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 180,000 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please visit the Start Printed Page 77174USCIS Web site at: http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/pra/index.htm.
If additional information is required contact: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529, (202) 272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: December 23, 2005.
Richard A. Sloan,
Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 05-24637 Filed 12-28-05; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P