Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces that pesticide related information submitted to EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) pursuant to the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), including information that may have been claimed as Confidential Business Information (CBI) by the submitter, will be tranferred to Lockheed Martin in accordance with 40 CFR 2.307(h)(3) and 2.308(i)(2). Lockheed Martin has been awarded multiple contracts to perform work for OPP, and access to this information will enable Lockheed Martin to fulfill the obligations of the contract.
Lockheed Martin will be given access to this information on or before January 13, 2006.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Felicia Croom, Information Technology and Resources Management Division (7502C), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (703) 305-0786; e-mail address: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
This action applies to the public in general. As such, the Agency has not attempted to describe all the specific entities that may be affected by this action. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Copies of this Document and Other Related Information?
1. Docket. EPA has established an official public docket for this action under docket identification (ID) number EPA-HQ-OPP-2005-0257. The official public docket consists of the documents specifically referenced in this action, any public comments received, and other information related to this action. Although a part of the official docket, the public docket does not include Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute. The official public docket is the collection of materials that is available for public viewing at the Public Information and Records Integrity Branch (PIRIB), Rm. 119, Crystal Mall #2, 1801 S. Bell St., Arlington, VA. This docket facility is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The docket telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
2. Electronic access. You may access this Federal Register document electronically through the EPA Internet under the “Federal Register” listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/.
EDOCKET, EPA's electronic public docket and comment system was replaced on November 25, 2005 by an enhanced federal-wide electronic docket management and comment system located at http://www.regulations.gov/. Follow the on-line instructions.
An electronic version of the public docket is available through EPA's electronic public docket and comment system, EPA Dockets. You may use EPA Dockets at http://www.epa.gov/edocket/ to submit or view public comments, access the index listing of the contents of the official public docket, and to access those documents in the public docket that are available electronically. Although not all docket materials may be available electronically, you may still access any of the publicly available docket materials through the docket facility identified in Unit I.B.1. Once in the system, select “search,” then key in the appropriate docket ID number.
II. Contractor Requirements
Under contract number 68-W-04-005, the contractor will perform the following:
1. Establish individual chemical identity records including systematic chemical name, CAS registry number, and other chemical name synonyms;
2. Establish inert ingredient mixture composition records;
3. Respond to internal OPP requests for elucidation of chemical identities in Start Printed Page 928and acceptability status of chemicals in inert mixtures;
4. Maintain existing files of all inert ingredient mixture compositional data submitted to the Agency;
5. Receive new compositional information from suppliers;
6. Scan an image pesticide inert ingredient master file submission documents into an image database.
This contract involves no subcontractors.
The OPP has determined that the contracts described in this document involve work that is being conducted in connection with FIFRA, in that pesticide chemicals will be the subject of certain evaluations to be made under this contract. These evaluations may be used in subsequent regulatory decisions under FIFRA.
Some of this information may be entitled to confidential treatment. The information has been submitted to EPA under sections 3, 4, 6, and 7 of FIFRA and under sections 408 and 409 of FFDCA.
In accordance with the requirements of 40 CFR 2.307(h)(3), the contracts with Lockheed Martin, prohibits use of the information for any purpose not specified in these contracts; prohibits disclosure of the information to a third party without prior written approval from the Agency; and requires that each official and employee of the contractor sign an agreement to protect the information from unauthorized release and to handle it in accordance with the FIFRA Information Security Manual. In addition, Lockheed Martin is required to submit for EPA approval a security plan under which any CBI will be secured and protected against unauthorized release or compromise. No information will be provided to Lockheed Martin until the requirements in this document have been fully satisfied. Records of information provided to Lockheed Martin will be maintained by EPA Project Officers for these contracts. All information supplied to Lockheed Martin by EPA for use in connection with these contracts will be returned to EPA when Lockheed Martin has completed its work.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Business and industry
- Government contracts
- Government property
- Security measures
Dated: December 29, 2005.
Acting Director, Information Technology and Resources Management Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. E6-27 Filed 1-5-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S